Dominator Prerotator Bendix

Capt'n Gator

Aircraft
Dominator Single 582BH N401JC
Total Flight Time
150+
Does anyone know where to purchase the bendix that is on the Dominator hydraulic prerotator, any part information would be appreciated. maybe Ernie or Mike Boyd can chime in. Thanks

GyroChuck

Gyro's are more fun
Aircraft
SnoBird Tandem Gyro, Robinson R-22, Assorted Fixed Wing
Total Flight Time
Calumet Manufacturing should have the components, you require, in stock.

Adam or Nick 708-719-4171

Eric S

Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex & AAI (Sparrowhawk) RAF
I imagine the amount of force that can be imposed on the bendix by a hydraulic prerotator is much more than the rubber wheel or belt types. Are you replacing it due to wear or can you break them with an aggressive prerotation?

I'm curious what you normally prerotate to and what you can get out of a max. performace prerotation?

Thanks,
Eric

Capt'n Gator

Aircraft
Dominator Single 582BH N401JC
Total Flight Time
150+
I imagine the amount of force that can be imposed on the bendix by a hydraulic prerotator is much more than the rubber wheel or belt types. Are you replacing it due to wear or can you break them with an aggressive prerotation?

I'm curious what you normally prerotate to and what you can get out of a max. performace prerotation?

Thanks,
Eric
I am replacing it both due to wear and because it seems to be dragging, i am also replacing the hydraulic motor that spins the bendix. i just installed Gyro Technic's prerotator drive modified to drive the hydraulic pump that is driving the hydraulic motor at the bendix and I want everything to be new so we can get the max rpm out of the prerotator. The current drive should give us around 187 rpm but we are only seeing 110 rpm. i will let you know how things go after i change the bendix and hydraulic motor this weekend. By the way, Gyro Technic carries the bendix in stock, just look at his website under alacarte and accessories and gyro specific items.