Jetrock

Aircraft
Building a Sparrow/3drv
Total Flight Time
50 hrs. C-150/About 200 hrs.Gyro.
Greetings fellow rotorheads,
I am wondering if anyone knows what the tail from a RFD Dominater
weigh's,as I'm building a 3drv and have not yet decided if I'm going to use
the aluminum tail in the plans or the very nice looking tail from RFD.
I'm making it my mission to build it as an ultralight.
Thanks, JET

Thanks Mike,
I'll be ordering a set of plans from your dad next week.

He won't be there next week. The shop will be closed we will be at Bensen Days.

At 13 lbs, is Dominator wood tail lighter than the aluminum tail?

Todd, the metal tail is really well built and well worth the money and most of all, it is proven. I have the Dominator wooden tail plans and would go for the metal tail again if I was building another Dominator
Paddy

Ok, thanks guys but i'm gettin a lil cornfused.

Just for clarification.

The 68" aluminum tail weighs 13lbs. and the 68" wood tail weighs 16lbs.?

I'm building a similar gyro as Jetrock. Mine is a RotorHawk Sparrow, which is the ultralight, open cockpit version of the Falcon. The tall tail from RotorHawk is composite with the H-Stab below the rudder. I want to build a tail with the stab on the prop centerline. I would prefer to build it out of aluminum if I could find a set of plans.

I can buy a set of plans from RFD for a wood tail but I've not found a place to get a set of plans for an aluminum tail.

Where can I get a set of aluminum plans from?

Thanks,
Todd

Todd ,
Email me your address and I'll send you the plans for the 3drv aluminum tail
for free.

FYI

The 3D-RV tail doesn't have the H-Stab on the prop centerline.

helipaddy, did you buy the tail complete or build one from plans?

Hello,

I saw the RFD tail at Bensen Days, looks good. I am thinking it might work for my Hornet build.. What is the surface of the HS?

Thanks...

Gil.

Todd,
There are no plans for the metal tail. The wood tail is 3lbs heavier than the metal one for that given size not sure if it is the same for the smaller tails.

Hi JET,

I haven't seen the Dominator Plans but I have seen wrecked dominator tail and was amazed how simple it was to construct. I don't know if there is an internal metal spar in the tail, and I suspect that there is not.

If the tail is all wood inside, then you might consider installing during construction a copper foil dipole comm antenna. I think that is the perfect place to have a comm antenna and would give the best performance on the gyroplane.

Just a thought,

Wayne