DiY rotorblade

I'm also having plan for this. I would make mold for it with naca airfoil 8H12 or 9H12, using foam as core with some long aluminum stripes embeded inside together with fiberglass. Surely the gravity center will be not the same of each blade because of excess material but then i would calibrate it, i would drill some holes on it and put in some pieces of lead till they have the same GC then seal those holes with epoxy. How does that sound? I'm newbie here, need advices.

Hello guys!

It seems a company can mill the spars for the rotorblades using CNC machine. Could anyone send me rotorblade plan, airfoil with sizes which suitable for a Hornet or Bumble bee? Every info is highly apretiated!

You can build Bensen timber blades. We built six sets a number of years ago, and all flew fine, mostly with no adjustment to the trim tabs.
The difficult part is the scarfed joint on the plywood skins. This must be done well to be safe. We used the blades on our gyrogliders, and when
crow-hopping with power, but the power margin was not great with the VW engine. Probably would be fine with a 72 Mac and even better with a 90 Mac.
For better performance margins, we moved to extruded RotorHawks or Rotodynes.

Hi

About the splice scarfing joints.
What was the layout?
Straight line from fore to aft with a 1:15 mating surface?

The FAA document I read is not so informative about those specifics about skin splices. AC 43.13 updated.

Curious about that part...

Curtis Scholl