Dirctory Update?

Mark, all you have to do to find out is email PRA headquarters. However, I think the directory was dropped just about the same time as color for financial reasons and there wasn't one published last year. In the past it has been the May issue.

Thanks Dean I will email them find out whats up and refund procedure. And why they never notified me about It being droped.

Mark,
I remember talking with someone who sent numerous notes this year for the PRA directory. When I called the number a super salesman was on my line asking for my information and trying to sell the directory and upgraded placements for a price. I am not sure if it was a PRA involved project or something from a separate company using the PRA data but I had to hang up on the aggressive salesperson. It was represented as an updating of the files for PRA and the more she asked it was clear she had an agenda to up-sell which I had no need for. Maybe someone from the PRA will tell us what it was all about and even if it was a PRA project. To me it seemed more like the “ Who’s Who” publishers marketing scheme.

I believe the "directory" was sanctioned by the PRA.
I too received a notice about this directory being in the works for PRA from PRA.

However, when I got the phone call,...
first they wanted all the information about myself that they could get,... then the sales pitch.

The price was almost (approx) $80 or $90. I told her that is a bit high for me.
And she said okay and hung up. It was pretty quick. I then wanted to say to her,... well, please do not list me in the directory. It's too late now she was gone. Pretty slick huh???

Something I have learned. Information is bought and sold everyday.
But,... when most companies want my info from me, they want it for FREE. But, 2 seconds later want to sell it back to me for a price. Don't think so.

When I speak to my banker, there is always the moment of "Sir, where do you work? And how much do you make?"

Jim: "Hm.m.m.m ...You probably know all those answers better than I do!!"
Bank: "But we just want to confirm,.. you know."
Jim: "How about we just close the accounts down now and call it a day?"
Bank: " No no,.. that's quite alright, let's move along here and ....."

Slime balls!!!! Give yourselves a $25 million bonus and get lost!!

Back to the directory,... good idea. Just not for myself.
Jk.

I know that their were a few of us that have paid for this directory and it was PRA directory.

Mark,

This is all being put together by a company in Virginia on our behalf. I have not heard anything other than to expect it around the first of March.

I understand your skepticism and am also in the “waiting to see” stance. The customer service number that I was given for them is 1-800-877-6554. The other number I have is the one we used to call in our updates, 1-800-922-8715.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Gillmore

PRA Office Mgr

574-353-7227 Ph

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 11:13 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: Mark Sanders
Subject: Pra rotorcraft Directory

wanted to know about the rotorcraft Directory that I purchased. when it will be sent out for 2009. but I have read that their has been a problem with the production. and that their is no longer going to be a very nicely made directory that was promised. I paid $ 105 dollars for it and want someone to contact me about the refund if this is true I did pay by credit card. thank you mark sanders 602 5890308.

Mark,

This is all being put together by a company in Virginia on our behalf. I have not heard anything other than to expect it around the first of March.

I understand your skepticism and am also in the “waiting to see” stance. The customer service number that I was given for them is 1-800-877-6554. The other number I have is the one we used to call in our updates, 1-800-922-8715.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Gillmore

PRA Office Mgr

574-353-7227 Ph

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 11:13 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: Mark Sanders
Subject: Pra rotorcraft Directory

wanted to know about the rotorcraft Directory that I purchased. when it will be sent out for 2009. but I have read that their has been a problem with the production. and that their is no longer going to be a very nicely made directory that was promised. I paid $ 105 dollars for it and want someone to contact me about the refund if this is true I did pay by credit card. thank you mark sanders 602 5890308.
Thank you Jennifer for you timely response to my email. Anyone else who purchased this publication should call this number and see whats up. if you find out anything let us all know and I will do the same.

Mark, I got my wires crossed when you asked about the directory; I thought you were asking about the PRA members directory that use to appear in the May issue of the PRA magazine and not the one that is being independently published. So, I think I confused you and I apologize for that and to everyone else that may be thinking that they aren't going to get a members directory.

I contacted them yesterday, and they said the directory will be printed in Febuary, and should go out in March.

I contacted them yesterday, and they said the directory will be printed in Febuary, and should go out in March.
Yes that is what I was told also mid to late march. cool Thanks for checking Dave how's it going doing any flying lately? I am off for a five day gyro outing early next week at coolidge muni.

I got a bad feeling about it from the mailings and so didn't call.

I have a new address and phone number now so these scumbags don't have mine. Heh. Unfortunately it means that any of you guys that bought the directory don't have mine, either. Well you can catch me on here when I have time.

cheers

-=K=-

Mark- 5 days sounds like fun, I am lucky to get 2 days a month, but it is going good. I hope to be flying this weekend.

Mark,
I remember talking with someone who sent numerous notes this year for the PRA directory. When I called the number a super salesman was on my line asking for my information and trying to sell the directory and upgraded placements for a price. I am not sure if it was a PRA involved project or something from a separate company using the PRA data but I had to hang up on the aggressive salesperson. It was represented as an updating of the files for PRA and the more she asked it was clear she had an agenda to up-sell which I had no need for. Maybe someone from the PRA will tell us what it was all about and even if it was a PRA project. To me it seemed more like the “ Who’s Who” publishers marketing scheme.

This was discussed here on the forum several months ago.