Differential Braking

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Unfortunately lost in the mists of time Georgi. I tried to keep all our stuff together but in Stuart’s various moves it was all slowly shed away.

Total collective hours for this design without failure is between 9-10k hrs on rough unprepared strip's.
Now that’s a serious testament to design success.(y)

wolfy

Gold Supporter
Unfortunately lost in the mists of time Georgi. I tried to keep all our stuff together but in Stuart’s various moves it was all slowly shed away.

Now that’s a serious testament to design success.(y)
I agree, but at the same time talking about accumulative time there wouldn't be another gyro design anywhere on earth that has time like a rosco. Being the predominant machine for mustering here they have huge hours with some individual machines having more than ten thousand hours let alone accumulated hours I would love to know :) .

wolfy

Brian Jackson

Platinum Member
Aircraft
GyroBee Variant - Under Construction
I’ll second that, they were great brakes and wheels on the Hornet.

So good that they almost twisted off the strut attachment on the first taxi and brake test, luckily Denis had spotted the problem contacted us and came up with a fix for that as we were at about the same stage in our builds.
I'll second Georgi's request. That's kinda what I was describing earlier. There is necessarily a twisting load on the strut attachment and curious about what has and has not worked.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
I'll second Georgi's request. That's kinda what I was describing earlier. There is necessarily a twisting load on the strut attachment and curious about what has and has not worked.
Would imagine Denis would have a record of how he solved that.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Being the predominant machine for mustering here they have huge hours with some individual machines having more than ten thousand hours let alone accumulated hours

The Rosco has to be the leading single seat machine as far as rugged workhorses go. Would seriously doubt any other gyro type would have more.

The only other working gyros with rough field conditions would be the South African Wagtail Trojans. https://wagtail.co.za
and they I reckon would hold first place in two seat machines.

Both would be personal favourites if I were buying a rugged dependable outback machine.

Last edited: