Benson B7m & B8m, Dominator II; Kolb Mark III Classic
Total Flight Time
750 combined FW & Gyro
been done already
MOLLER

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Wonder why the Moller has remained a one-off and in the garage?

trl0219

I may be wrong, but what I gathered was that they were going for more like a "Fifth Element" type setup. Something that didn't need special training to operate. VTOL, four troops with full gear, with a 250 mile range. The Skycar was cool, but I think they are trying to make sci-fi flying cars the real deal. We'll have to wait and see.

GyroDoug

Aircraft
Butterfly Super Sky Cycle
Total Flight Time
We already have a flying car (...or motorcycle). It's called the Super Sky Cycle and available today. While I am sure there is room for all kinds of improvements and who's to say what we can someday accomplish, I'm not sure that the dream of flying vehicles being piloted by people with no special training is either practical or desirable. It will be interesting to see if anything ever comes from this.

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
Wonder why the Moller has remained a one-off and in the garage?
It can't fly.

After 40 years of development, there are about 30 seconds of "hover" time shown in videos on Moller's website -- all of it tethered to a crane. Total distance flown in level flight appears to be about 12 feet of creeping back and forth in "hover".

I can do just about as well with a good step ladder for significantly less risk and investment.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
It was supposed rhetorical. Should have put an icon.:rolleyes:

Agree with the ladder bit.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Guy down the road has a barn with a bunch of pigs and he's been collecting Condors and putting them in there too?

It's a cool idea but the only one I've seen that even looks like it works is Scott's Avatar