Dealer Incentives

aviator_josh

gyro wannabe
Do dealers (any brand) offer incentives to get you to buy from them? Lessons, builder assist, etc. I was just thinking if I were a dealer, I would do whatever I could to get people to come to me.

GyroDoug

Many Dealers offer Build Assistance Programs and provide Flight Training as part of their programs. Air Gyro is the "AutoGyro Dealer" here in UT. and they offer both services from their location in Spanish Fork, UT.

As a Butterfly Dealer, I offer a 5% discount to anyone who purchases a Butterfly Kit through me, if they are a PRA Member.

I am sure there are lots of other promotions and incentives offered. I am just not personally acquainted with everything that other dealers are doing.

aviator_josh

gyro wannabe
(I meant to post this question to the "general discussion" board)

I've been in powered parachutes since 2001 (not a dealer for those either) and the guys I knew that were dealers didn't offer much as an incentive. I was just curious with there being much more brands in the gyro world what folks did to get customers.

The question is probably whether you wish the cheapest possible ride or good service to go with a fair priced one. Dealers also have to make a living - a bankrupt or low margin dealer will care less for after sales support...

cheers

Stan V

I received an e-mail from RAF just this morning. They are offering 40 hr of instruction along with the registering cost on a new kit. They are also working with an insurance Co (Comav Risk Services) offering policies for their machines and others. The kit price was $39,900 which included a glass panel and the 2.5L engine. I almost wish I needed a new ship! The insurance e-mail I received today even gave pricing in local currency.

Brent_Brown

Platinum Member
RAF SA told me that shipping to the USA is 10,000 to 12,000. so now your right up with the others. A kit without the soob for 30,000.

magknight

Brent, are the euro-gyros including shipping to the US in their pricing?
They're not, but typically ship as a full container, so it reduces the shipping costs. I think it's around was around 2000 euros for packing, shipping, and customs on my MTOSport.

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Auto gyro MTO Sport 912 pricing is given here
http://www.autogyrousa.com/mtosport912-pricing.asp

Its approximately 71k for the kit with normal desired options shipped and customs cleared to Maryland where the distributor is.
Local shipping from where container lands to where you are is I am sure going to be additional. Containers all go to one place. Local shipping with insurance will be around $1200 to $1500 from my experience door to door.
If a crate has to be made for local shipping, it will probably be $600 to $1000.

I decided to offer a turn key bundle for the Apollo AG1 with builders assist here at Z-Hills (near Tampa) for $65500 with similar options as MTO. Shipping to Z-Hills in the container from Europe is included in that but if you want to not utilize builder's assist here and get the kit shipped locally it needs to then be crated ($$) and then shipped with insurance ($$). You will end up spending almost $1800 in local shipping and crating. If someone wants the best value its best to go with the program setup and offered by the distributor. Trying to piece meal things will only cost more. And when we do builder's assist it includes 3 hours of test flight and then if we find something not right, we tweak it right. This is about the closest you will come to factory built. In fact, I can almost assure you in our case it is better than factory built because honestly we do a better job than factory in Hungary specially in the last 5% of finish which makes or breaks the machine and requires much technical know how and experience with sub-systems whether that be proper fuel tanks and fuel system installation, engine, prop, wiring to mil-spec and correctly to not have RFI, avionics or others. I really doubt any builder at their home will be able to match that perk and expertise.

Steve_UK

Re RAF SA - I haven't seen a new machine registered for about a year. Last example I am aware of is ship #039 registered in summer 2013 in South Africa ( the bulk of these machines are in SA ).

I appreciate they may well have exported subsequent machines and I am unaware of them.

Any production update from RAF SA would be welcome - thank you.

Piot135pd

Here to Learn and Help
fara;n837729 said:
Auto gyro MTO Sport 912 pricing is given here
http://www.autogyrousa.com/mtosport912-pricing.asp

Its approximately 71k for the kit with normal desired options shipped and customs cleared to Maryland where the distributor is.
Local shipping from where container lands to where you are is I am sure going to be additional. Containers all go to one place. Local shipping with insurance will be around $1200 to $1500 from my experience door to door.
If a crate has to be made for local shipping, it will probably be $600 to $1000.

I decided to offer a turn key bundle for the Apollo AG1 with builders assist here at Z-Hills (near Tampa) for $65500 with similar options as MTO. Shipping to Z-Hills in the container from Europe is included in that but if you want to not utilize builder's assist here and get the kit shipped locally it needs to then be crated ($$) and then shipped with insurance ($$). You will end up spending almost $1800 in local shipping and crating. If someone wants the best value its best to go with the program setup and offered by the distributor. Trying to piece meal things will only cost more. And when we do builder's assist it includes 3 hours of test flight and then if we find something not right, we tweak it right. This is about the closest you will come to factory built. In fact, I can almost assure you in our case it is better than factory built because honestly we do a better job than factory in Hungary specially in the last 5% of finish which makes or breaks the machine and requires much technical know how and experience with sub-systems whether that be proper fuel tanks and fuel system installation, engine, prop, wiring to mil-spec and correctly to not have RFI, avionics or others. I really doubt any builder at their home will be able to match that perk and expertise.
Wow, I thought this was a recent thing but it's been happening since 2014 with no change in sight.

Piot135pd

Here to Learn and Help
Once I determine which gyro I'm going to be selling I'll be offering free training to any pilot that buys one. Now just have to figure out which brand to buy.