David Hopkins has died.

Joe Pires

star hoarder
Aircraft
Aviomania GS2.
Total Flight Time
600 ish solo gyro and 190 ish two place
David Hopkins one of the Wachula Morons has died as a result of Covid 19.

this was sent by Phelinda today..

" I'm reaching out to let you know that David got Covid a few weeks ago and after a long hard fight, he died in the hospital yesterday morning. His service will be Monday the 23rd 5pm to 7PM in St. Augustine FL at St. Johns Family Funeral Home. If there is any way you could let the gyro family know, I would really appreciate it. "

Last edited:
David was a breath of fresh air, very personable, generous and a great sense of humor.
David will surly be missed. David was a friend to everyone and shared his smile where ever he was.
Rest in peace my Brother

The day of the viewing has been corrected.

I am very sorry to learn this. I know the name but can't remember if he posted here, and the forum's search was of little use. My condolences to his family.

I am very sorry to learn this. I know the name but can't remember if he posted here, and the forum's search was of little use. My condolences to his family.
I don't think he ever posted here. He flew a yellow 2 place Dominator, lived in St. Augustine. His wife was always back seat. Stopped flying about 5 years ago if memory serves.

This is so sad. Everyone is leaving us.
Only met him once or twice way back when 1st started at Bensen Days.
Both he and his wife were very friendly. They played together.

Please console his wife for us she must be heartbroken.

David Hopkins one of the Wachula Morons has died as a result of Covid 19.

this was sent by Phelinda today..

" I'm reaching out to let you know that David got Covid a few weeks ago and after a long hard fight, he died in the hospital yesterday morning. His service will be Monday the 23rd 5pm to 7PM in St. Augustine FL at St. Johns Family Funeral Home. If there is any way you could let the gyro family know, I would really appreciate it. "
Joe, do you have a picture of David?
PRA could email with the information above and any other text you/family wish?
I have pictures of Wayne but not David.

Thank you for posting the pictures. The name was familiar, but I couldn't place the face. Condolences to his family and friends in their time of need.

I know, for all who have endeavored to pursue their dreams of flight, they have tasted the best that life has to offer. May David's friends and family find peace of heart and mind as they come to grips with his loss.

So sad, tough times for so many families. Dave was always a gentleman. Quiet spoken and courteous. My condolences to Phelinda.