Dave's new job

Tina

Total Flight Time
400+ FW 100+ GYRO
Dave has taken a new job. Guess what he does by looking at his new uniform?

He was in construction but we all know why that is not paying now a days. So he had to look else where for work that will pay and a friend said he can earn up to $100 a night for only 3 hours work and Dave said I am in, what do I have to do?

Attachments

• dave1.jpg
    dave1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 0
  • dave2.jpg
    dave2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 0

dabkb2

Dave Bacon
Aircraft
2 KB2 90Mac KB3 582
Total Flight Time
289 hours
It was not my first choice, but 100 a night and I can still keep my day job sold me. I will be an umpire for girls fast pitch. There is more to it than you think, but I will give it my best.

I never saw this coming, but I have to pay the bills, and maybe have some fun while I'm at it.

From all the stuff I had to get, it might be dangerous( face mask, chest protector, shin guards, steel to shoes and a cup) , but always positive I can hope for the best. If all goes well I should be good. If it all goes to h3ll, at least I can sell this stuff back to play it again sports. I'll let you know

M. Pearce

Gold Member
Aircraft
Presently building a fixed wing!
Total Flight Time
Just a few!
Uh Dave,

The chest protecter goes on the outside of the clothing!!!!

What did they do make it an undergarment?

Last time I wore a cup was 1981 in High school football.

I just as soon go without the cup.

After a few ripped off arms and legs and a few killings on the field no one will ever hit you in the nutz again.

Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
Have fun Dave! I have been doing it since 1974 and passed the mark of 8.500 games officiated, I am a top basketball referee.
But we make more than 100 per night. :)
Heron

TomCarlisle

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
I'm proud of you Dave. In 1982 when all was supposed to go to hell, I took a job as a security guard at a nuclear plant construction site. There is always plenty of work out there if your not too proud to take responsibility for youself and not demand that the government support you!

Timchick

Tim Chick
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex, 582 Greyhead
Total Flight Time
~30
The protective gear is for after the game when you have to walk past the parents to get to your vehicle.

dabkb2

Dave Bacon
Aircraft
2 KB2 90Mac KB3 582
Total Flight Time
289 hours
Mark- For baseball it goes on the outside, for softball it goes on the inside. Believe me it would be better on the outside.

Heron- I am starting out at the bottom 8 to 18 year old girls. If I can move up to college ball, there will be more $$$

Ron- take it easy 12 will get you 20

Tom- I like to pay my own way also, Besides my tarp funds seem to be on hold, lol

Tim-I think you are right

route66

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
c-182/ RAF AAI Mod.
Total Flight Time
Umpiring is a thankless job and requires a thick skin and a lot of learning. The more training seminars and schools you attend will help as the rules are complex sometimes. Most leagues here only pay $35-$50 per game which is not enough for the abuse endured. It is fun though. Best of luck with it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH_2itdz-1E

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cdt8GSRoE8

Chuck Roberg

Gyro's are more fun
Aircraft
SnoBird Tandem Gyro, Robinson R-22, Assorted Fixed Wing
Total Flight Time
Dave I give you a lot of credit. Good luck with the parents.

But, Like you said. Cash is Cash.