Dan Leslie passed away

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Vans RV4 / Dominator 582 Ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
ALOT
I don't have much for details other than he passed away.

I met Dan when I was new to gyros back in 2001, he was always very friendly and knowledgeable. He brought gyros to the masses via his TV shows. He also was a flight instructor. Any of the old timers will remember him. RIP Dan

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
4000+ 380 gyroplanes. Sport CFI Gyro and Trikes
My condolences. May he RIP

Doug Riley

Platinum Member
Wow. I was stunned to realize how many of the people in that video who are no longer with us. Dr. B., Bill Parsons, Dave Prater, Gary Goldsberry and now Dan himself.

Time waits for no one. Don't postpone all your fun. RIP Dan Leslie.

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(1) Air Command, (1) Barnett, (1) Air Command 2 place kit, (1) Sycamore gyro
Total Flight Time
Wow. I was stunned to realize how many of the people in that video who are no longer with us. Dr. B., Bill Parsons, Dave Prater, Gary Goldsberry and now Dan himself.

Time waits for no one. Don't postpone all your fun. RIP Dan Leslie.
Sad about Dan always very cooperative and helpful. Helped PRA and remastered my SnoBird Aircraft video. Dan will be missed.

Doug, The other day I was thinking about all the gyro guys that have left us. When I joined the Greater Midwest Rotorcraft Club (Chapter 18), I was the youngest member, now I am the oldest member by time in the club and one of the few left over 70 yo. Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana! Groucho Marx

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Commiserations to family and friends.

He came across well in the video and it was most interesting to see how active the sport was in earlier times.

As Doug says, seize the time, it passes by quick, hadn’t heard the Groucho one Tommy.

Did go to Wing Commander Wallace’s last lecture to the Royal Aeronautical Society in London in 2013, he past a few months later. Another great character.

Chris Burgess

GYRO-CFI
Aircraft
Many makes and models, prefer open frame, Sold my SnoBird Tandem
Total Flight Time
3400+
I went to Bensen Days one year without a gyro. Dan jumped right in and said "here, take my keys" and gave me the use of his tandem two-place. How great a guy is that !!! You will be missed.

Attachments

• N529DL 2.jpg
    N529DL 2.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 16

scottessex

Sling-Wing Pilot
Aircraft
Dominator 582
Total Flight Time
200+
Dan was at our first fly-in here in Georgia, He was a great guy for sure and he will be missed for sure. Condolences to the family.

rwr

Just Plane Bob
Aircraft
2-place Gyro, custom design
Total Flight Time
Dan was truly a great guy. I used to record all of his shows so I could keep them for a while and watch them often,... this was when I was just getting started in gyros so I found his shows really interesting. I met him several times at fly-ins,.. I'm glad I did.

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
This is such sad news! Another great loss of knowledge and friendships to our very small community.
Please express, to his family, our love for Dan and what he meant to us.

Last edited: