Czech Arrowcopter - a second appears

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA
Hi

Registered recently in Czech Rep was

OK-TWA-36 AC10 Arrowcopter

no construction number known.

My *guess* would be that this is one of the very early Arrowcopters from the Austrian "OE-VX....." ( Test ) sequence.

The very first pre-prototype originally OE-VXF c/n 01 was sold to the Czech Rep and became OK-PWA-01 - it is possible that OK-PWA-01 has been re-registered locally as OK-TWA-36 - without a construction number it's hard to pin down.

photo of the newly registered OK-TWA-36 here

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Arrow-Copter-AC-20/2500339/&sid=5f4314ea85cfaea17600534df3b7d3b6

Hopefully Chris may be able to offer factual insight into the ancestry of OK-TWA 36 - thank you

Steve

Arrowcopter Fleet Listing here

http://gyrocopterarrowcopter.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/ar.html

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA

Fly Army

Aircraft
From un-powered Paragliders off the side of a mountain to the Boeing 777.
Total Flight Time
18,000 ish , I guess

magknight

Aircraft
Cessna Skylane, AutoGyro Cavalon (Due in May), Arrowcopter AC20 (sold) / MTOSport (sold)
Total Flight Time
300+
Wow ! That's about half as much as the used one they're selling over here!

If you look at the photos, I believe it's one of the early prototypes. Much different than the current model (control rods, head, nose gear, panel, interior, pre-rotator, prop and hub, electronics, etc). Still a cool machine, but not quite the same.

It actually looks like it has an AutoGyro-ish head and controls. The new head and control rods are very different (much beefier).

Last edited:

magknight

Aircraft
Cessna Skylane, AutoGyro Cavalon (Due in May), Arrowcopter AC20 (sold) / MTOSport (sold)
Total Flight Time
300+