Crew Dragon Congrats

kolibri282

What an achievement! Congrats to America for a perfect launch, we all keep our fingers crossed for the crew and the mission!

Godspeed!

Last edited:

kolibri282

I had such a good laugh when SpaceX Chief Engineer Bala Ramamurthy called up to the crew: “Bob, Doug, on behalf of the entire launch team, thanks for flying with Falcon 9 today." Just as any flight attendant would after a hop from Washington to New York...;-)

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
The difference between SpaceX and the old NASA is reflected in the terms they use; for quite a while, SpaceX internally called their large booster "the Big Falcon Rocket"*, something that would never have been tolerated in Houston.

* casually pronounced as in "big f**king rocket"

skyguynca

Gold Member
Aircraft
depends on what I have sold recently
Total Flight Time
5000+
Yes it's another milestone in space, a great thing. Let's not forget though several countries and their scientists helped pull this off.

Not to take away from dragon and Falcon 9, the Indian space agency is the only one to ever successfully land on Mars in the first attempt. I was saddened when they're moonlander crashed oh, but we all have setbacks. India surprised everyone with their advancements in Technologies and they're amazing Rockets too. All homegrown designed and built in India.

Also let's remember Burt Rutan who sat down at The Breakfast Table in a restaurant one morning, and with thirty napkins design a space vehicle that can launch twice a day if needed. He designed it he built it he built all the subsystems from his own designs. He even trained his own astronauts and they the flew it successfully. The first commercial astronaut Mike Melville, I actually met when I was at Raf many years ago when I bought my plans for the vaireze and was building it. While he may only be a high-school graduate he learned so much from Burt and became one of the biggest support people for RAF for all of Burt Rutan home-built design. I was so happy to see him be the first commercial astronaut in space.

Just like on this form, there are centuries of accumulated information, that the good people on here are more than happy to share along with their experiences.

Weather in the air or in space, Aviation is a family not a group.