Crescendo Build

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Have spoken to him and it seems at his home airfield he has been doing low and high hops and getting comfortable with it so seems he has got the hang of things OK.

Apologies for thread drift.

Brian Jackson

Platinum Member
Aircraft
GyroBee Variant - Under Construction
Good morning, All.

I would like to ask the experts here before selecting and purchasing a safety belt harness. I'm seeing a variety of different buckle types, etc. and wanted to know if a certain style is preferred for aircraft use and why. I'd rather use a 4-point restraint instead of 5-point, but am consulting the Forum before any choice is made. Thank you all in advance for any insight or recommendations.

Regards,

Brian Jackson

gyrojake

Gyro Rehab Candidate
Aircraft
Gyroplanes
Total Flight Time
A few hours
I like the single over the lap with a push button release.
I also like a very easy to release belt, Ya know in case your ass is burning up or under water!!!
You can get them on eBay for like 10 bucks
Now if you plan on rolling it over and flipping it a few times on the ground I'd use a 5 point harness

Brian Jackson

Platinum Member
Aircraft
GyroBee Variant - Under Construction
I like the single over the lap with a push button release.
I also like a very easy to release belt, Ya know in case your ass is burning up or under water!!!
You can get them on eBay for like 10 bucks
Now if you plan on rolling it over and flipping it a few times on the ground I'd use a 5 point harness
Thank you, Jake. These are things I will consider before purchase. I've seen something called a "lift-latch" system on some of the high-end racing harnesses that I assume is for quick release. Planning to keep the ship right-side-up at all times, but designing it for that just-in-case cartwheel. Would rather be prepared for the scenarios I can't imagine right now.

By the way, I selected and purchased the coil-over shocks this morning after weeks of research Q&A. Holy cow that was a longer journey than expected. I have a deeper appreciation now for the art/science aspect of designing suspension systems. Way more involved than first thought. Did a quick, simplified diagram to show the stroke, deflection, loads, etc. that was easier than explaining verbally during conversations with the pros. Hopefully we nailed it.

Attachments

Tyger

Aircraft
Magni M16
Total Flight Time
Good morning, All.

I would like to ask the experts here before selecting and purchasing a safety belt harness. I'm seeing a variety of different buckle types, etc. and wanted to know if a certain style is preferred for aircraft use and why. I'd rather use a 4-point restraint instead of 5-point, but am consulting the Forum before any choice is made. Thank you all in advance for any insight or recommendations.

Regards,

Brian Jackson
I am no expert on these things, but my understanding is a four- (or five-) point restraint is mostly useful if there is a possibility of hitting something while moving forward (e.g. in a race car). That kind of crash is a lot more likely in an airplane (needing a long rollout) than a gyro, for obvious reasons. Another issue with them will be finding satisfactory points to attach the shoulder anchors, keeping the potential forces in mind. I think a lap belt is really all you should need. They are all I have. :)