Could Someone Give Advice on Choosing the Right Gyroplane for a Beginner?

Tony, I had a leak on the front seam of my tank on my single place Aviomania and was a minor project getting the seat off and the tank out and effecting the repair.

I saw the tank leak you described more than a year ago during a visit to Anahuac and was not sure why it occurred. I contacted Nicolas and he indicated that he was awaiting response from you on resolution that did not appear to happen.

What is the status of your repair?

Mine was relatively simple, I think it is documented on several forums.

Have you been in touch with Nicolas?

He stands behind his product.

Bobby

Thank you Bobby, mine is complicated because of the way it was built for the original owner. Nicholas did offer to help. But I have put it on hold for now.

My review was based on the fact that it did leak and I think they may have corrected the issue with subsequent models.

Good deal Tony, thanks for the update.
Nicolas confirmed that the disassembly is more involved on your machine as it is the enclosed model, G1sE vs my open machine, G1sB. He also indicated that the leak was most likely due to improper installation.

Bobby

Last edited:
I've flown in several Tango 2s, several Autogyro MTO 2017s, a Magni M-16, and my Aviomania G1sB.

Of the 2 place machines I like the Autogyro and Tango better than the Magni due to torque roll effects. My Aviomania has no roll and has been a joy to fly. I'm looking forward to flying a 2 seat Aviomania soon.

And I have to add, fly as many models as you can. Define what you Iike to do and then decide. I'm not doing cross countries, I enjoy just buzzing around the local area.

Bobby

Last edited:
Thank you Bobby, mine is complicated because of the way it was built for the original owner. Nicholas did offer to help. But I have put it on hold for now.

My review was based on the fact that it did leak and I think they may have corrected the issue with subsequent models.
Yes, removing and reinstalling the fuel tank on the early SPORT models will take 2 people 6 hours. Also the installation of the tank was critical and needed to have the proper clearance to avoid chafing and stress.

The current SPORT is the easiest to remove and reinstall the fuel tanks... even easier than the Open model.. it only takes 15 minutes.

Tony, my offer still Stands... message me once you want to fix it.. i can even send you a new tank so that you can complete the repair in a day.

Thank you very much. That is great that you have improved the model. I loved flying it before the leak.
I have been traveling overseas a lot in the last two years and haven't gotten to fixing it. I will contact you regarding this.

Take lessons in the top 2 or 3 you are interested in. Fly them all first and base your decision on that.
I lived in DeSoto for a few years ,1938 / 1945 . left and moved to Immokalee ,Fla. of course i was seven years old . Went back one yime about 15 years ago.

Once you fly an Aviomania you will be amazed. But I'm seriously prejudiced!
never flew a Aviomania , but when i started flying we built our own ! the first factory machine i flew was a Dennis air command , liked my old Benson much better ! And my Dominator much better than the Benson . I put a Subaru EA81 . I was the second one to fly a Subaru, Don Buchard of college station Tx was the first , and i copied it !

AR-1 by SilverLight from Florida. Biased plug.
Take proper training and expect 15 to 20 hours of training. Don't try and finish in 5 days because likely won't work. Not sure where you are in the country but you should join PRA and look for instructors close to you and check their references.
Abid is the designer and owner of the AR1 design