Coroplast Plastic full size airplane

GrantR

Aircraft
Kolb MarkIII and a "Jake" Gyroplane
Total Flight Time
About 85 fixed wing 3 gyro
http://www.facebook.com/lifesizegreetings#!/lifesizegreetings?v=photos

Ok this guy is completely nuts. I have built a lot of model r/c airplanes out of this plastic cardboard but no way for a real one.

I can not believe he is actually going to try and fly this thing. It is hot glued together!

Look at his wall he has videos of it taxing.

The guy is in Zephyrhills, FL.

Neet Hope it works as good as it looks.

I got to see in person,a plane that was made of some type of soft plastic. You filled it with air and it was powered by a mac. Same stuff as a water bed.

The millitary was experimenting with a fold up inflatable aircraft. Never seen it fly in person but seen a film of assembly, inflation and flight.

I'll see if I could find it on the net.

JAKE

Found one but not the same one.

Last edited:
This looks better than the "sea plane" I saw being built in Ft. Myers about 10 tears ago. This guy had a 16' alum. ladder for wings! He had hot wired a huge block of foam for floats and pvc for the fuselage. He wanted me to attempt to taxi it on the river and then fly it.I would'nt and he did. It came apart before he got airborn. He got wet and had to pay a pretty good price to get the wreakage from the river.

WoW Grant that is some machine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony

We used to make RC planes out of that stuff and have contests to fly them by and try to shoot them out of the sky with shotguns. They will take a lot of abuse. I dont see why it wont fly. They were pretty tough planes. The key factor is he is hanging his butt in that thing.

Thing is, where is he going to find rubber bands big enough to hold those wings on:)

Here is an inflatable one.

I remember a number of years back at Oshkosh some company was developing a inflatable wing with smaller cells, the purpose was to be able to air drop to stranded military pilots so they could get out of dodge easly and quickly....

That plastic sheet looks like the stuff that they were selling here in Florida to cover your windows during a Hurricane. A bunch of guys at work went together and bought a pallet of the stuff to protect there windows. Its pretty strong stuff.