Control / Cyclic stick plastic grip.

Rick E

Aircraft
Cavalon and an MTO Sport
Total Flight Time
I’m looking for a couple of the Autogyro style plastic grips. Autogyro will only sell them as a complete unit with wiring and control stick. All I want is the plastic grips themselves. Any ideas?

Sounds like a good 3D printer project. I"d bet a call to a local college could put you in touch with someone who would love to take on such a project.

I’m looking for a couple of the Autogyro style plastic grips. Autogyro will only sell them as a complete unit with wiring and control stick. All I want is the plastic grips themselves. Any ideas?

Simple ones...Stick Grip to fit Control Stick or Flap Handle - Flylight shopwww.shop.flylight.co.uk › Accessories

Or these guys do the complex multi-function ones.

There are other companies as well.

Some time ago, I purchased from Wag Aero a coupe of military style stick grips without any push buttons or triggers that were exactly like the control stick grips that were used in the back seat of a North American T-28. I have a number of hours both front and back seat in a T-28 and I liked how the grip felt in my hand.

I searched the Wag Aero website but no success. I think they no longer sell that type of military style of grip.

The second type of stick grip was on the cyclic of a Hughes T-55/269. I also liked how that grip felt in my hand. That cyclic grip does have a trigger and button.

A quick Google search came up with several examples of grips I think you might look at and consider of applicable for your needs.

Wayne

Attachments

• t28_i_04.jpg
    t28_i_04.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN9010A_600w.JPG
    DSCN9010A_600w.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 16
Are they the fighter style with the top hat?
Plenty of experimental choppers use them maybe try Helisport.

This is the grip I’m looking for if anyone knows the supplier.

1589973352407.png

Infinity has a real similar grip. Have one in my EZ.

Thanks everyone for your help but not having much luck. I can buy the grips off Autogyro but they only sell them as a kit for $1500.00 each.