Congratulations to 2 new UK gyro pilots !!

Haha, I have a connection to both pictures.

My old instructor and examiner pictured in Inverness, and Paul Lewis is pictured sitting in my machine, although he now has his own. :D

Both Gyropedia-trained, btw.

Paul is a converting pilot, 2000 hours FW; not sure about Allan.

Last edited:
Good to see Paul pass after his instructor issues. I do wonder given your remark on the training method how that got missed tbh...

Yes, there were serious issues there, but best not to air them on a public forum. For the time being... The powers at Gyropedia Towers were apprised of the shortcomings in the instructor last year.

DB was the examiner on the day, and it went well. (not enough left pedal in a spiral dive, was the only wrinkle, but he gave him another go)

DB has been involved in gyros longer than Ken Wallis (since 1960) !!

Last edited:
I hear you and no intention of outing the details because it involves people innocent of poor deeds, but I would say that the issue should have been caught, especially so given the sales pitch of things like the system you say all were using. I guess people just get used to ticking those boxes without thinking of the content of the said boxes....

DB. I guess he is becoming more independent these days.

I wonโ€™t get into the discussion of ticking boxes โ€ฆmy thoughts well documented on other threads โ€ฆ.congratulations gents many safe flight hours ahead ๐Ÿบ