Complete Benson B8-M for sale.

Loflyr

I'm going to sell my Benson B8M. I bought it but never have found instruction. It is not new of course, but I believe the 23' dragon wings to be nearly new.

It has a pre-rotator, mac 90, 23' dragon wings, 8 gallon seat tank, and of course it is a complete gyro. It was once n-numbered. The previous owner died and I bought it from his estate. I have the documents that are required to get it re-registered.

I have tried once to start it, and it will fire on one side. I'm going to check the points, I'm sure that's the issue.

I am a powered parachute CFI and I have no experience in gyros or with gyros, therefore I have no idea of it's true value. I will consider reasonable offers.

I am located in Richmond, KY.

No Title

These are the pictures that I have of when I first bought it. Nothing has changed except the main rotor has been removed. The gyro and the blades are stored in my garage. I obscured the n-number in the photos way back then. I spoke with a lady at the FAA registration branch and she gave me instructions to get it the registration current. I have those documents, I simply need to contact the lady that I bought it from to get her signature, and then an inspection. But my frustration with finding instruction has tempered my motivation to get the registration current.

Attachments

• photo130616.jpg
    photo130616.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 64
  • photo130617.jpg
    photo130617.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I just need blades, if you're willing to separate

Jerry

No Title

I haven't cleaned the dust off of them, but here is a picture of one, the other looks exactly the same. What you see that appears as some sort of splotch is simply where the dew on the grass has wiped off some of the dust. I have one more of the trailing edge to show there is no separation or flaws whatsoever, but it is too large to upload, so I will take a picture of slightly less resolution. They measure 11ft long.

Attachments

• photo130618.jpg
    photo130618.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 14
  • photo130619.jpg
    photo130619.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 13
  • photo130620.jpg
    photo130620.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 14
  • photo130621.jpg
    photo130621.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 15
I see that Air Command sells the 23' blades with a hub bar and teeter block for $3,340, plus shipping. I will include the hub bar, teeter block, hardware, and I will crate them for $2,500, you pay shipping.

I think those are early riveted trailing edge, would you go $2,000- I pay shipping?

How about $2,200. That takes care of the crating expense. Today is Monday, and it may take me until the weekend to get them properly crated, but they will be wrapped in a protective rubber fabric before crating.

Gil

If anyone is interested, I have the:

complete air frame, alt, asi, etc.
rotor head
what I think is a Wunderlich pre-rotator
Mac 90 w/ prop hub, holley carburetor, and Benson Maculloch Engine air cool cowlings just like the ones that R&D Aeronautical Engineering sells.

Loflyr;n1137064 said:
How about $2,200. That takes care of the crating expense. Today is Monday, and it may take me until the weekend to get them properly crated, but they will be wrapped in a protective rubber fabric before crating.

Gil

I'll PM you soon thanks

Jerry

Loflyr;n1137077 said:
If anyone is interested, I have the:

complete air frame, alt, asi, etc.
rotor head
what I think is a Wunderlich pre-rotator
Mac 90 w/ prop hub, holley carburetor, and Benson Maculloch Engine air cool cowlings just like the ones that R&D Aeronautical Engineering sells.

I may be interested, how much ?

Be careful of those blades. Someone took them apart incorrectly. The two large bolts on the hub bar are pressed in and not intended to be removed. The small bolts are intended to be removed to take apart the disk. I would not trust these unless inspected by someone with knowledge of Dragon Wings. I hope they aren't wasted. Oh I see this is from 6 years ago. Maybe someone already got this done.

Last edited:
I'm going to sell my Benson B8M. I bought it but never have found instruction. It is not new of course, but I believe the 23' dragon wings to be nearly new.

It has a pre-rotator, mac 90, 23' dragon wings, 8 gallon seat tank, and of course it is a complete gyro. It was once n-numbered. The previous owner died and I bought it from his estate. I have the documents that are required to get it re-registered.

I have tried once to start it, and it will fire on one side. I'm going to check the points, I'm sure that's the issue.

I am a powered parachute

I am a powered parachute CFI and I have no experience in gyros or with gyros, therefore I have no idea of it's true value. I will consider reasonable offers.

CFI and I have no experience in gyros or with gyros, therefore I have no idea of it's true value. I will consider reasonable offers.

is