Commander rotorhead wanted

I am confused, I was told by Air Command, that my rotorhead is not a Commander Rotorhead and it is not airworthy with Dragon Wings(Bought at Air Command). I know that I am missing the teeter hardware.

Now I have seen 2 other pictures of rotorheads , yours and a another’s. They look exactly like mine, see pictures. Measurements are metric.
The pictures from Air Command, shows higher teeter towers than your and mine????

Maybe you could send me the measurements from teeter hole and down to teeter plate?

Sincerely

Frank Jørgensen

Those are not factory Air Command towers. There needs to be a bushing or bearing in each block for the teetering to take place.

Metric again, sorry
You can just give me inches messurs

Yes I know that there needs to be a needle bearing in the teetertowers but also plastic washers and steel bushings and snap rings, but I can’t get a hold in this hardware, Air Commander will not sell it to me. They will gladly sell me a new rotorhead for $$$$.:(
Unless I am wrong, then my rotorhead look like 2 other rotorheads on Commanders but without the teeter hardware, but that can be fixed or what????

Hope someone can help me before I go spending a lot of money I don’t have lots of:oops::oops:

Sincerley
Frank Jorgensen

Believe bushings are made by Garlock and available from MSC. Hole die in teeter tower should be about 3/4" or 19mm, going by memory.

I guess that the oil lite bushing should fit tight in the teeter tower and the teeter bolt turning directly in the oil lite bushing!?
What metal type should the oil lite bushing be made of? And would it be considered safe by today’s standards?

You might want to read this thread.

I had hundreds of hours on my two place Air Comand with the oil lite bushings and never had a problem with them. I don't know what they're made of, some type of oil impregnated metal. But you're the builder so you can use whatever you think is sufficient strength.

I had hundreds of hours on my two place Air Comand with the oil lite bushings and never had a problem with them. I don't know what they're made of, some type of oil impregnated metal. But you're the builder so you can use whatever you think is sufficient strength.

Hi
Frank from Denmark here.
I am somewhat a new beginner
Can you use oil lite instead of needle bearings?
Do you still have to have a hat(bushing/top hat) in between teeter bolt and the oil lite bushing?