Christmas Party

GyroDoug

Dear Rotorcraft Enthusiasts (and friends),

The Christmas Season is a very special time of year and seems to always bring an abundance of activities and opportunities. In fact, for most people there is such an abundance of activities that we can not possibly participate in all that we would like to. Finances are usually stretched thin and many people seem to feel much more stress at this time of the year that at any other time throughout the year. I hope that this Christmas Season finds you healthy and happy. I hope that you are able to spend time with family and loved ones and that you will be able to remember the reason for the season. Jesus Christ is the greatest gift ever given to mankind and I hope that the Christmas Spirit that is available to those who center their lives around the Savior, will bring peace and joy to your lives.

While I believe that spending time with your family and loved ones should be your highest priority, not only at Christmas time, but throughout the year, I do believe we all have some time to spend with friends too. I hope that you consider me one of your friends. While I know some of you much better than I do others, I consider each of you, my friend. I have grown to consider the members of the Utah Rotorcraft Association a sort of second family. I am really looking forward to our December Event coming up this Saturday at 6 PM. This month we are going to dispense with the usual chapter meeting and simply meet at one of our member’s houses. Paul and Cindy Plack have generously offered their home for us to meet in, to share a Christmas Dinner, to enjoy one another’s company and to build on the already established relationships. I hope that many of you will find the desire and the time to come join us for an evening that I am sure will be memorable. It is looking like it will be snowing, and very possibly harsh weather on Saturday, but I have learned that we tend to do the things that are important to us, regardless of the little challenges along the way (like poor weather). I will be there and so will many others and I hope you can join us too.

God Bless you, every one!!!

Doug Barker
URA Pres.

GyroDoug

Well it's Saturday night and the party is over. I want to thank Paul and Cidny for hosting a great Party. Cindy is quite the cook and those of you that weren't able to make it, missed a great night. All who attended were fed well, entertained well and enjoyed the evening. Thank you Paul and Cindy for offering your home and for all the work you went through to make it special. Even the weather cooperated and you couldn't have asked for a nicer night.