Chopper called in for birthday party

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
My granddaughter McKenzy was at her friends birthday party a ways from my home. My son Jeff called me and wanted to know if I was going to be flying today. I had just put the Turbinator away but that didn't stop me from pulling it out again. I love excuses to fly.

I was soon lighting the fire in the turbine and it blessed me with that beautiful fuel light off sound and the new batteries spooled her up to 22000 rpm very briskly.

I was to look for a 75 foot bouncy house set up in the yard. I had the co-ordinates and flew there like an arrow. Soon the big bouncy house showed up 2 miles away.....and as I approached....there were about 30 people out waving me in. I did a hi recon and a low recon and then decided to land in the corner of the yard next to the bouncy house. All went as planned and were the kids ever excited! I warned them about not to touch anything especially the turbine as it was hot.

This is what I love best about helicopters and I am forever spoiled.....being able to land most anywhere....its a freedom you just have to experience , and once you do...it hooks you.

When I was leaving, I noticed a friends ultralight flying about half a mile away....and I called in an air strike and radioed for him to find the bouncy house and do a little air show. He soon found the place and we both had fun entertaining the kids.

God...those kids are so impressionable, and were they asking a lot of questions.

The last picture is my granddaughter McKenzy. She was so excited and proud of "choppapapa" flying in. She gave me the biggest hug.

Life is so precious.

Stan

Attachments

ms80831

PRA member since 1973
Aircraft
Cessna 210 +, Xenon RST, Citabria
Total Flight Time
2000+
How cool is that. How many kids can say they had their Grandpa at their BD party, much less that he dropped in in his helicopter.

M

greg spicola

Aircraft
AR-1 /Dom 2 place/ Anything with Rotorblades/
Total Flight Time
2600+ in gyros 510 in helicopter
Stan you're just having too much fun

Gyro_Kai

Aircraft
MT-03, Calidus (rent)
Total Flight Time
about 150
Wow, I wish I had a grandad like that. As said, the next generation of aviators in the making. Good on you, Stan,

Kai.

gyrodeputy

Total Flight Time
200 and growing
That is what life is all about. Congrats Stan. Very cool!

Chopr1

Aircraft
Hughes 269a-Hiller H12D-Scorpion 2- R22- Exec 90- RW Elete- Verticl Lift Windstar-
Stan, very nice, when I was in Phoenix my youngest boy had me fly in to his school for -SHOW&TELL day. Fifth grade I believe, what a site, kids and teacher all lined up in a row when I came in, and your right on the questions, never stop coming. A time the kids or us will never forget. Take care!!!