Chinese military gyros.

gyromike

Administrator
Staff member
Aircraft
Bensen B8MG
I spotted this picture in an article from The Sun:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10039...e-us-in-30-minutes-at-70th-anniverary-parade/

NINTCHDBPICT000527033169.jpg

How come these versions resemble the MTO gyroplane so much?

No need for trailers here...Kinda looks like these trucks serve as land-based "baby carriers" for gyros!

1569938164813.png

Last edited:
Haha. I do not think this is a copy of AR-1. I don't see that. I only see a copy of the MTO Sport. Even the rotor system is exactly like the MTO. We have sold only 3 AR-1 units to China but one was crashed right away by the owner right on the ground by pulling the stick back at low RPM (obviously had no training nor did he bother to read the POH).

I also know that Trendek sold 50 units to China but after that they are making their own copying them.

The whole purpose of these gyros there is human recon scouts so the speed they have is good. Helicopters are not particularly fast either and militaries use various types of helis

No need for trailers here...Kinda looks like these trucks serve as land-based "baby carriers" for gyros!
I guess blade supports would spoil the parade appearance (gotta have your priorities straight, of course).

Fortunately, they have a big army so lots of hands available to pick up the gyros to place them on the trucks.

There are at least forty Autogyro gyros registered on the official "B" ( China ) register, mainly MTO, some Calidus. In addition I've seen photos of some Cavalon in Police markings in China. I suspect that AG have sold many others that have yet to appear on the official register plus no doubt some to the military.

I'm aware of at lest twenty AAT Zen1 in China, plus some Magni and the odd AR-1 and TE although I've not seen any appear on the official "B" register.

They also have their own products such as the Sun Hawk, an open tandem like most other open tandems, more here

-

Hilarious when you know that with 2 people on board this gyro is unable to carry more weight .
how are they going to carry the weapons.. ?
and the passengers with their back pack seem to be about to eat the plexiglass windshield .... fantastic ...
theater ! nothing more then theater ...
nothing to be proud about 70 years of communism really, how many millions of casualties ?
commi pinkos !
HONKONG ! free !
bring up tariffs, higher , higher ! Trump is right !

They are Asians. They weigh 150 pounds tops each.
I can tell you that when that little gyroplane flew right into the capitol lawn in DC few years back, they did not see him till by eye when he was already in DC proper. Also they have had issues with low flying trikes. Cannot be seen. I can only tell you that in the last 5 years DOHS and the Air Force has spent significant amount of resources to gain knowledge about these machines and train their staff and update software and developed way of bringing them down without lethal force.
Chinese military is not idiotic. They have looked for the simplest and cheapest solution to get a few special forces recon teams I bet into border territories without being detected. If US had problems seeing trikes and gyroplanes in DC, in Arizona, in New Mexico and in Iraq (Iranian recon using a trike), imagine other countries who do not have US expertise and experience.

That of course does not diminish in any way my agreement with you on their rights abuses and command and control record. Right now they have 1 million Muslim Uyghur basically in camp style prisons just because of their ethnicity and religion being seen as a danger to Communist Party rule. But everyone from Pakistan to Saudi Arabia to Europe ignores this because of their desire to sell in Chinese market.

Last edited:
"update software and developed way of bringing them down without lethal force."

Microwave tech will be deployed. No sparky means engine out!
[/QUOTE]

They even used kevlar net throwers to capture the prop from rotating. That was one of the things they developed. In different places like Edwards Air Force base, in Huntsville, Al, in Arizona and even in DC area, there have been data collected and training done for getting this issue recognized and solved and also there are Air Force officers today who know how to fly trikes and gyroplanes, at least half a dozen of them. In the first 3 of those I had some involvement or knowledge but I can't say more. Just know that you can't get away with that today on US borders easily. Even an electric powered nano trike would be detected

The parade was impressive... In the best tradition of totalitarian-state military parades and funerals, always spectacular and even touching...

I regret not to be as pessimistic as jm-urbani concerning the prospects of China as the future first world power. They are going to control the planet soon, since they are hard-working, young, and numerous...

All things must pass. The West is in a decline. China is on the up. Expect more change each day.

I don’t claim the Chinese are idiotic at all but that this show is hilarious in the sens that this kind of parades is dated and that humanity should show it is capable of overtaking the climate change instead of making weapons and displaying it his way !
as for the gyros it is impossible to fight with two men on board with backpacks and no weapons So the gyros are only displayed as aggressive helis Where they are nothing more than mosquitoes even if they are not detectable

But the Chinese dream is going to fail soon or later Their eco growth is artificial And is slowing now, they are using your money change rate to be cheaper than us but it we have an end because nothing artificial can last

The only thing that can save economy is the complete adaptation to the climate change realities mass production and global economy He’s about to shrink for the better of the planet and their eco model he’s going to disappear

They should use their energy to takle their internal issues Instead of showing the world Their weapons

as for muslims you right the world turn it’s head in an other direction for business

I agree with you. Even though China leads the world in solar it still also uses way too much coal. India and China will be the two countries in the future that if they do not stop their consumption of fossil fuel etc. then it’s game over for trying to reverse it.
Chinese are hard working and disciplined but as their people get wealthier, I see the younger generation change. It’s very similar to younger generation here. The one child policy has also reduced the potential younger worker population. They can’t change that now and it will also have an effect. More and more the educated younger generation of Chinese don’t want to do physical work. They want to sit at a desk. They want more money. Pretty much the same thing we see here. I guess it’s natural. I was very impressed seeing how many dozens of Chinese women worked in a factory making composites. There were no phones anywhere. They were quiet. They were working extremely efficiently and they were well trained. There was no attitude, only concentration on production. It was in stark contrast with what I have seen in the US and in France. But I think that ethic is what is changing in China.

Last edited:
If the forced labor speaks while working they get to go to a special camp to re-patriotize them....

All things must pass. The West is in a decline. China is on the up. Expect more change each day.

Ah but I hope West will realize why that is and correct.
There is little doubt in my mind, that Chinese wealth has largely been funded by trade and consumers in North America and Europe. Without them there would have been no Chinese miracle. The same would happen with India though it has not quite happened yet. West can decide what to do from now on. Whats done is done. Eventually the laws of equilibrium will take over. As Chinese get better educated and per capita GDP grows to a certain level, they want pretty much the same things we want here. Its the natural order of things.

I flew against the Hawk Radar system in Yuma AZ. They couldn't see me until I wanted them to by banking a hard 90 degree turn for reflectivity off the underside of my rotors. As for the top down radar of the Aerostats, they are very easy to beat as well. In order for them to work with the movement of traffic and trains on the ground, they use what is known as a "Pet Corridor" for anyone who has ever installed a microwave security system. All you have to do is mask by flying over the roadways at low enough height to be in the corridor and you are ghosted.
You drug runners out there can thank me later.
Personally I say screw all governments!
As for the Chicoms, you guys are all correct, they are doomed to fail, but not for the reasons you all listed....
Waspair, you should see this coming more than most!
They are currently enjoying the prosperity of an "Industrial Revolution" same as we did 100 or more years ago. You know what destroyed our Industrial Revolution? Hint, it wasn't lack of natural resources or some bullshit about climate change....it was the damn Lawyers and Litigation, and Unions and so on. Now the Chicoms ain't seen it coming yet, but slowly and surely their allowing more and more litigation in to do business outside of China, and once the floodgates open the lawyers will then become the Lawmakers and their billion or so people will sue themselves right in to disastrous poverty.
Think I'm way out there? keep watching....Unions are next.

There is little doubt in my mind, that Chinese wealth has largely been funded by trade and consumers in North America and Europe. Without them there would have been no Chinese miracle
There is little doubt in many minds that the Chines miracle has in large part been funded by the massive wholesale theft by hacking of industrial secrets and intellectual property over a long period of time, and that it is ongoing.

The loss of industrial information and intellectual property through cyber espionage constitutes the “greatest transfer of wealth in history,” stated the head of the NSA. U.S. companies lose about $250 billion per year through intellectual property theft, with another $114 billion lost due to cyber crime, a number that rises to $338 billion when the costs of down time due to crime are taken into account, said Alexander, the director of the National Security Agency and commander of U.S. Cyber Command, in remarks at the American Enterprise Institute. And that was in 2012.

I stray however from gyros in China. There is no doubt that over there they will constitute a cheap form of mass surveillance where the pilots can be trained very quickly to a level where they can do a basic battle field job at a very low cost. Life over there is both culturally and historically not held in quite the same regard as in the West as previous wars have painfully demonstrated.

Waspair, you should see this coming more than most!
They are currently enjoying the prosperity of an "Industrial Revolution" same as we did 100 or more years ago. You know what destroyed our Industrial Revolution? Hint, it wasn't lack of natural resources or some bullshit about climate change....it was the damn Lawyers and Litigation, and Unions and so on. Now the Chicoms ain't seen it coming yet, but slowly and surely their allowing more and more litigation in to do business outside of China, and once the floodgates open the lawyers will then become the Lawmakers and their billion or so people will sue themselves right in to disastrous poverty.
Think I'm way out there? keep watching....Unions are next.
Huh???

All I said was that they need supports for the rotor blades on their transport trucks.

Well, I'll take one bite at it anyway; it's a slow day.

We all love our military veterans for what they've done to keep us free, but that's never been enough. China has a great army but no personal freedom. Do you suppose maybe a lack of lawyers might have something to do with that?

Another puzzle: ever wonder why the fate of the middle class and the fate of unions seem to go hand in hand?www.epi.org.png

Huh???

All I said was that they need supports for the rotor blades on their transport trucks.

Well, I'll take one bite at it anyway; it's a slow day.

We all love our military veterans for what they've done to keep us free, but that's never been enough. China has a great army but no personal freedom. Do you suppose maybe a lack of lawyers might have something to do with that?

Another puzzle: ever wonder why the fate of the middle class and the fate of unions seem to go hand in hand?View attachment 1145440
I wasn't implying you had said anything either way, I just figured a Barrister such as yourself would have recognized the business opportunity that the dirth of lawyers would need to be filled.
I have never personally been in favor of Unions, but have had the luxury of growing up in an enlightened age. The Chinese workers are at a stage where they need them and sooner or later will form them.
With a Billion plus population it will take its toll on the socio-economic status.

I've never been able to figure out why some people are anti union, I retired after 40 years in the carpenters union. What benefit did I gain, higher wages, medical insurance, vacation check at the end of the year, retirement account. Today at the age of 77, I have group medical, a drug plan, a monthly retirement check, a yearly bonus check all from the carpenters union. Beat that from your non-union employer!