Chinese military gyros.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
There is little doubt in my mind, that Chinese wealth has largely been funded by trade and consumers in North America and Europe. Without them there would have been no Chinese miracle
There is little doubt in many minds that the Chines miracle has in large part been funded by the massive wholesale theft by hacking of industrial secrets and intellectual property over a long period of time, and that it is ongoing.

The loss of industrial information and intellectual property through cyber espionage constitutes the “greatest transfer of wealth in history,” stated the head of the NSA. U.S. companies lose about $250 billion per year through intellectual property theft, with another $114 billion lost due to cyber crime, a number that rises to $338 billion when the costs of down time due to crime are taken into account, said Alexander, the director of the National Security Agency and commander of U.S. Cyber Command, in remarks at the American Enterprise Institute. And that was in 2012.

I stray however from gyros in China. There is no doubt that over there they will constitute a cheap form of mass surveillance where the pilots can be trained very quickly to a level where they can do a basic battle field job at a very low cost. Life over there is both culturally and historically not held in quite the same regard as in the West as previous wars have painfully demonstrated.

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
Waspair, you should see this coming more than most!
They are currently enjoying the prosperity of an "Industrial Revolution" same as we did 100 or more years ago. You know what destroyed our Industrial Revolution? Hint, it wasn't lack of natural resources or some bullshit about climate change....it was the damn Lawyers and Litigation, and Unions and so on. Now the Chicoms ain't seen it coming yet, but slowly and surely their allowing more and more litigation in to do business outside of China, and once the floodgates open the lawyers will then become the Lawmakers and their billion or so people will sue themselves right in to disastrous poverty.
Think I'm way out there? keep watching....Unions are next.
Huh???

All I said was that they need supports for the rotor blades on their transport trucks.

Well, I'll take one bite at it anyway; it's a slow day.

We all love our military veterans for what they've done to keep us free, but that's never been enough. China has a great army but no personal freedom. Do you suppose maybe a lack of lawyers might have something to do with that?

Another puzzle: ever wonder why the fate of the middle class and the fate of unions seem to go hand in hand?www.epi.org.png

BEN S

Aircraft
Sportcopter Vortex "light"
Total Flight Time
200+
Huh???

All I said was that they need supports for the rotor blades on their transport trucks.

Well, I'll take one bite at it anyway; it's a slow day.

We all love our military veterans for what they've done to keep us free, but that's never been enough. China has a great army but no personal freedom. Do you suppose maybe a lack of lawyers might have something to do with that?

Another puzzle: ever wonder why the fate of the middle class and the fate of unions seem to go hand in hand?View attachment 1145440
I wasn't implying you had said anything either way, I just figured a Barrister such as yourself would have recognized the business opportunity that the dirth of lawyers would need to be filled.
I have never personally been in favor of Unions, but have had the luxury of growing up in an enlightened age. The Chinese workers are at a stage where they need them and sooner or later will form them.
With a Billion plus population it will take its toll on the socio-economic status.

j bird

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Dominator/Airworthiness Certificate 9/06/12
Total Flight Time
26.5 duel,RAF,Sparrow-Hawk,Cavalon,Calidus.
I've never been able to figure out why some people are anti union, I retired after 40 years in the carpenters union. What benefit did I gain, higher wages, medical insurance, vacation check at the end of the year, retirement account. Today at the age of 77, I have group medical, a drug plan, a monthly retirement check, a yearly bonus check all from the carpenters union. Beat that from your non-union employer!

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
I wasn't implying you had said anything either way, I just figured a Barrister such as yourself would have recognized the business opportunity that the dirth of lawyers would need to be filled.
Okey - dokey.
Personally, my days of looking for business opportunities are over, so I won't be studying Mandarin in my spare time. I actually am putting some effort into French these days, but that's just for fun, and I don't have to learn any of the zillions of Chinese characters to read Saint-Exupéry's wonderful books about flying.

jm-urbani

Aircraft
home built mono seat
Total Flight Time
200ish
I stray however from gyros in China. There is no doubt that over there they will constitute a cheap form of mass surveillance where the pilots can be trained very quickly to a level where they can do a basic battle field job at a very low cost. Life over there is both culturally and historically not held in quite the same regard as in the West as previous wars have painfully demonstrated.
No doubt that they will have the financial and human resources to use gyros for military missions
I did not mean that this would not be impossible to use gyros for military purposes

I just wanted to point out that the MTO3 or MTO3 copies used for the parade with 2 guy with their back packs were there just to show something, they were there to make the crowd think that those machine were was small hélis capable of fighting where they were, for the moment only European leisure aircrafts painted in military colors with actors on board ans not functional war machine with skills pilot on board .

it is cheaper to show dozens of gyro then to show the same number of small helis

as for the rest they are young and numerous ok , but the vast majority of those youngsters are poor people working too much and paid too less, I buy as less Chinese stuff as I can

there are menu poor countries in the world where there are numerous young people.

I use my money small hobby money in restaurants, local tourism in France and Europe Canada and US... countries were workers are treated better then in china

I am usually keeping my Iphone Ipad and mac 5 years + I am keeping my TV, washing machine until they Die etcetc ...

Local economy is the best for our economies , are social systems ans our countries, I am against international trade when there is a local solution, I am ready to reduce my purchases to the strict minimum.

Last edited:

Kevin_Richey

Yamaha gyro...Oregon, USA
Aircraft
Sport Copter gyroplane
Total Flight Time
300+ gyroplane, 11 airplane, 1.5 PPC, AND... a ZILLION hours of flying in my dreams!
RE: That last picture in Post #27
As a pilot, I'd be very concerned about the blowback debris/hot gases exiting the back of that rocket launcher hitting:
1. prop
2. rotors
3. controls
4. air intake of the engine
5. any humans there in the gyroplane
if it was fired while out flying...

Last edited:

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA
I think the idea is you land first dropping off the troops. Or maybe they parachute from the gyro. Pilot goes to collect more troops under the radar. And so on and so forth if as and when required.

nomie

Yeah I suspect the second photo was just for show. In the first photo they were actually busy practicing paradrops.

PW_Plack

Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex 582
Total Flight Time
FW: 200 Gyro: 51
RE: That last picture in Post #27
As a pilot, I'd be very concerned about the blowback debris/hot gases exiting the back of that rocket launcher...
Not to mention that if you held it at the angle shown during flight, you'd yaw the gyro left. Makes it tough to aim!

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
3600+ .. New to gyroplanes
I know Egyptian army has around 400+ trikes for their para troopers stationed at different locations so they can practice without maintaining big aircraft for two or three special forces units at one place