Check out Barry's Youtube Videos

Fara - Did Crow Island get their AR-1? I’d like to see some photos of them flying it around the island.... Perfect airport for an AR-1 Gyro! Actually, recall they may fly out of Minuteman. Idk...

Hey Dave, I hang out at Crow Island sometimes. I don't know everyone there yet. I'm the guy with the long beard (Jay) and black dog (Beauty)
The last time I was there, they had not received it. My Gyro will be flying this spring. I'm out of Barre Air port (Tanner/Hiller). Hope to see you soon

Fara - Did Crow Island get their AR-1? I’d like to see some photos of them flying it around the island.... Perfect airport for an AR-1 Gyro! Actually, recall they may fly out of Minuteman. Idk...

yes

Good Morning Fara, Sorry I gave mis information. I live 50 miles from Crow Island and don't get there every weekend. I know the guys must be excited. I can't wait to see it myself. There is another guy who flies an AR1 on the island also. After thinking about it Dave is the other guy. I need more coffee

Last edited:
Good Morning Fara, Sorry I gave mis information. I live 50 miles from Crow Island and don't get there every weekend. I know the guys must be excited. I can't wait to see it myself. There is another guy who flies an AR1 on the island also. After thinking about it Dave is the other guy. I need more coffee

The other guy is Barry Maggio. He is flying the open cockpit version. Crow Island guys got the AR-1C that can be flown either way. When enclosed it requires rudder usage more while open cockpit almost needs no rudder in flight. Their gyro was complete and shipped 3 months ago but its canopy got totaled during transport so it came back to us to get fixed again.

Barry - How many hours do you have now flying gyros? The new video looked great. Can you overlay text stating where you are flying over since I don’t recognize those areas any more after moving to Colorado. Well, except for the Husdon river and Statue of Liberty of course...

Barry - How many hours do you have now flying gyros? The new video looked great. Can you overlay text stating where you are flying over since I don’t recognize those areas any more after moving to Colorado. Well, except for the Husdon river and Statue of Liberty of course...

Not sure Barry hangs around here. I know he has an id here. Not many of our customers do

DangeBird - What are you building for a gyro? I sold my Sportcopter to buy a Husky for flying around the Rockies. Really miss flying the gyro, but probably for best since flew it places where probably shouldn’t have for my skill level. :)

Dave did you ever fly into Hampton, NH. It’s maybe 65 miles North of Crow Island?
When I flew my gyro around the US it was one of my favorite stops. Beautiful grass strip and one of the neatest airport cafes anywhere, plus just a few miles from the beach.

Rob

Hey Dave. Thanks I have about 650 hrs. Hey Abid. I always come on here It’s Facebook I don’t do
Hey Ioftus. Thanks

Rob - Yes - we flew there for breakfast or lunch all the time. Its a nice airport to visit along the coast. Usually would stop there on way up or back when flying along the Maine coast. I got caught in some fog once flying back from island along the Maine coast and the fog lifted right at Hampton airport. Hampton did pave over the grass runway, but left grass along the side which is still nice. I'm out in Colorado now, and really miss the green grass and all the trees. Everything is so brown out here. Just bought a Husky so hope to do more flying this spring/summer. Dave

Rob - Yes - we flew there for breakfast or lunch all the time. Its a nice airport to visit along the coast. Usually would stop there on way up or back when flying along the Maine coast. I got caught in some fog once flying back from island along the Maine coast and the fog lifted right at Hampton airport. Hampton did pave over the grass runway, but left grass along the side which is still nice. I'm out in Colorado now, and really miss the green grass and all the trees. Everything is so brown out here. Just bought a Husky so hope to do more flying this spring/summer. Dave
I'm in Salida Colorado- where are you?

Rob

I'm renting a hanger in Platte Valley 18V. I'll have to fly out there once I get comfortable flying the Husky. Just got a new transponder installed so ADS-B compliant. Not sure how far Salida is yet, but will look it up on sectional. I flew over Evergreen right after getting the Husky, and too much turbulence at 10,000 feet that afternoon so flew back out. I'm planning on taking a mountain flying course this spring too. I'd like to get some of the other Husky pilots around Denver area to fly out for lunch sometime. Maybe Salida would be a good destination?

I'm renting a hanger in Platte Valley 18V. I'll have to fly out there once I get comfortable flying the Husky. Just got a new transponder installed so ADS-B compliant. Not sure how far Salida is yet, but will look it up on sectional. I flew over Evergreen right after getting the Husky, and too much turbulence at 10,000 feet that afternoon so flew back out. I'm planning on taking a mountain flying course this spring too. I'd like to get some of the other Husky pilots around Denver area to fly out for lunch sometime. Maybe Salida would be a good destination?
Yes you definitely should take a mountain flying course ASAP. Colorado Pilots Association does a good ground school that you absolutely should not miss. I think they do it once in spring and again in fall. Much of mountain flying is the ground school info, then a few hours putting stuff into practice with a mountain CFI. Aspen Flying Club at Centennial is a good place for that.
Also red a book or two about mountain weather which is unique. Salida is a good destination- courtesy cars to explore around a bit. Let me know if you decide to fly down this way.

CPA and the SW ultralight flyers both have some wilderness airport flouts.

Rob

DangeBird - What are you building for a gyro? I sold my Sportcopter to buy a Husky for flying around the Rockies. Really miss flying the gyro, but probably for best since flew it places where probably shouldn’t have for my skill level. :)
Hi Dave, I'm building a Sportcopter clone, just about finished. I have a couple of gyro ideas I would like to build but the Husky looks very cool. I will fly a taildragger someday

Dave did you ever fly into Hampton, NH. It’s maybe 65 miles North of Crow Island?
When I flew my gyro around the US it was one of my favorite stops. Beautiful grass strip and one of the neatest airport cafes anywhere, plus just a few miles from the beach.

Rob
They used to have a great flyin right next to Hampton Beach the week after 4th of July, (now held at Crow Island) The last time I flew over Hampton Beach, I almost got hit by a huge kite. no more bikini diving for me

Thanks Dave, Now you've got me thinking of building a plane. I guess it's true what they say "A fool and his money are soon parted"