cheap German gyrocopter?

I don't think this qualifies as "cheap".
A ready-to-fly unit is $20,700USD plus the VAT.
(BTW, this is with a 24hp (!) engine.)
Without engine, prop or instruments, it's $14,000USD plus VAT.

The price list is indeed a "little confusing" to say the least !!

Surprising that with 25 hp he can get in the air !!

Cita :

Doesn't look to good to me, But just my 2 penny's.

as_185_roh_1.jpg

To tail length: 2.65 m gyrocopter fly AS-140 - New improved design
muecke_as-140_neu_links.jpg

Gyrocopter AS-140 Mosquito - New improved design
Height from the ground up flapping hinge-pin: 2.25 m
Width: Wheel to Wheel: 1.20 m
Ground clearance under the main frame: 0.28 m
Rotor blade Overall length: 5.86 m
Sheet Depth: 18 cm
Rotor area: 26.9 sqm
Pitch: 3.5 m / sec.
Wing loading: 6.87 kg / sqm
Tail height: 57 cm
Tail width: height fin to fin height: 1 m
Tail Depth: 0.70 m
Fuel tank capacity: 20 liters
Engine: 25 hp Limbach L275 E, or comparable engines to 13 kg; Rockwell, 200 cc, 24 PS/6500 U / min.
Propellers: Three-blade diameter 1 m = 50 kg thrust, 2 sheets, 1.10m, 55kg thrust
Vmax: 105 km / h
Cruising speed: 75 km / h
Consumption at cruising speed. 6 L / h
Nonstop Flight time: 3.3 hours
Flight distance: 250 km
Curb weight (without engine, propeller): 50 kg
Dry Weight (with engine, propeller): 69 kg
Max takeoff weight. 185 kg
Flight ready unit: 14.500,00 EUR plus VAT $20,690.00 US
Kit, prefabricated main parts: 13600.00 EUR VAT excl.
Kit: Here everything must be built yourself together (without engine, propeller, instruments: 9.800,00 EUR plus VAT
All prices from manufacturers
All models are foldable (collapsible); removable.
Folded state: Length: 1.25 m, width: 0,80 m, Height: 0.70 m. These dimensions are not applicable to the orange-colored.
Available colors: light green, yellow, light blue, white, blazing red, orange, silver

Last edited:
They are saying 152 lbs with engine. Can't believe it's that light. Max weight 407 lbs.

I'd like to see a movie of it flying.

Yes, this gyro has been discussed on the German gyro forum. Nobody at this time had seen it flying. Some of the numbers had us scratching our heads. The consensus was to stay well clear of it.

-- Chris.

A Schröder makes some "remarkable " claims like people can fly it with only 10 hours instruction time.
According to him,he's a 7000 hour pilot so one should expect that he knows what he's talking about......I think:eek:hwell:

I guess it's allways a bit "suspicious" that no "in flight" video is used as promotion to sell these products.
He seems to focus on third world countries as market.Should that be an indicator ?

I agree that for 20,000 $ there are probably better "bargains" on the market that have proven to function well.

Fuzzy pictures, confusing claims, no in-flight video,I would give him the benefit of the doubt but I agree that it's not in his favor to be regarded as "serious".

Its totally legit, Just look at this fine specimen! :puke::puke::puke:

Attachments

• gyrocopter.jpg
    gyrocopter.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1
What about the flight controls?

What about the flight controls?

Did any one notice the rudder control on the first picture? The second picture shows a different set up.

Anyone up for being the test pilot, of course you would have to weigh as much as a 12 year old. A severe weight limit would apply due to the small engine size.

The 2 pictures are of 2 different gyros as far as I can see... "New Improved Design!?!" I'd hate to see what they had before this one!