Chapter 62 In Anahuac, TX is hosting our annual Fly-in/Open House October 16th 2021

AirCommandPilot

Just a fledgeling
Aircraft
Air Command Elite #003
Total Flight Time
Saturday October 16th 2021 we will be hosting our annual Fly-In/Open House at (T00) Chambers County Anahuac, TX. Everyone is invited, all types of aircraft are welcome. We have limited RV spots with water and 30amp available so reserve yours before they are all taken. More details will be added as they are confirmed.

Good enough, El Tigre.

I enjoyed myself a lot last year and hope to attend this year’s event.

Chambers County Airport is an idyllic little airport with a paved
3,005 ft x 60 ft. runway (12/30) and a turf runway in good condition 1,900 ft x 300 ft (17/35).

I loved the spirit and enthusiasm exhibited by the attendees there.

They made me feel welcome and part of the family.

How does one actually pronouce Anahuac? I'm guessing "Anna-whack"?
You nailed it. At least that's how all the locals pronounce it. If you wanted to get ethnical with it (Native American) it would be closer to "Onna-huwok"

The weather this year is going to be wonderful! A cool front is coming through Friday dropping the High temp down to around 77 degrees F.
The winds will be out of the North topping out around 12-15mph. We have a grass runway oriented at 35/17.

Didn’t look that far from Denver, but 16 hour drive… Please post photos!

You nailed it. At least that's how all the locals pronounce it. If you wanted to get ethnical with it (Native American) it would be closer to "Onna-huwok"
Native-american place names can be tough to pronounce, even once a standard roman-letter spelling has been established. Near where I grew up, on Long Island (NY), is a town called Hauppauge. My old boss, who was british, guessed HOP-edge. The locals say HAWP-og.
We also have some oddball Dutch names here in NY. I like to say that if you can spell "Rensselaer" (as in RPI), you definitely come from NY.

All going well on my #2 6hr driving day ...I should be pulling in tomorrow late afternoon! camped tonight at Paris TX. ...coming via less travelled roads ! OK turnpike today & back roads from here! ...I'm SO done with negotiating Dallas & Houston area traffic insanity ...anymore!

Waited all day for the cold front storms to dissipate ...very little rain here, - the big red cells hovered over Houston! After a day goof'n off after the travel days ...and doing a good cleaning,checking& pre-flight & some pitch & roll bolt greasing maintenance ...before sunset .... the skies were calling! I had a magical 50 minute flight ...with camera snapping some nice pics in the golden lights of the lowering fall sunset!

TWO years since I have been down here to hang with my favorite gyro-bros ...last year I had to stay home to nurture my acre of expensive baby grass (paid off in a BEAUTIFUL lawn & no winter "mud-lot" out front of my new home)...BUT I sure missed the annual club gathering! Stacy & Chauncy are here ...Boo arrived today ... Mike Morgan showing tomorrow ... many promising to come Saturday ... I miss the fun "early-bird" days-long-gone -years ago ... happy group flights ... to nearby airports ! I miss the lost ones ..Steve Weir,Kent Goddard ...always my Farmer Jim! ...too many "ghosts" ...too few NEW retirees (with time) ... too many tired oldies! - just come for the main day! ( & I'm getting scary close -TO THAT state!):eek:

PRA CHap62 Lone Star Rotorcraft Club ..Anahuac fly-in is ON ... git on over to the FUN-ZONE!

Any pictures / reports from the Chapter 62 fly-in ?

Hey Chris….. you need to take the pilgrimage out to our neck of the woods for our Spring get together here in NC. It would be great to have some of you gyro naughts from west of the Mississippi!
Got our fall get together happening this weekend….. should be some fun!!
C28EAA81-F712-4DEC-87AE-E2CE41A8ACBF.jpeg

Any pictures / reports from the Chapter 62 fly-in ?
On Facebook ... LoneStar Rotorcraft club page mostly ...some on PRA FB page ! ...Hate Farcebark ....but they make it too easy to just grab pics off your iPhone & put them up FAST! (with no pesky downsizing!)

On Facebook ... LoneStar Rotorcraft club page mostly ...some on PRA FB page ! ...Hate Farcebark ....but they make it too easy to just grab pics off your iPhone & put them up FAST! (with no pesky downsizing!)
An alternative coming in 2022 to FarceBook.

It is a new startup you can sign up to be a test person for today. Called TruthSocial
Here is a link: https://www.truthsocial.com
Trump is involved in creating this.

That is why Facebook is suggesting legislation 90 days before TruthSocial comes online = they cannot control conversations.
Watch and see they will only ban right-wing free speech on the internet and anything against WOKE etc.
For the first time, they will not be in control of what we hear or see. The laws will not be against anything Facebook is doing today.

Watch and see. They will not be laws that make Facebook post ALL free speech but restrict anything Facebook TYPES believe is truth. Or in our best interest to believe in their eyes. Even if not true.

Last edited: