Chapter 15 az rotorcraft club fly-in

rhoadsrunner

AutoGyro Arizona
We would like to invite anyone who can make it - to join us for the Chapter 15 first annual SW Regional Rotorcraft Fly-in at San Manuel, AZ (E77) for the weekend of April 17-18, 2010. Please bring your completed gyro to fly, or your project gyro to display. There are plenty of camping spots at the airport, even for big rigs, but there are no "hook-ups" as such. There is water on the field and a restroom. Chapter 15 will host a hot dog/apple pie cookout on Friday night at the picnic area. There is a very large wood/charcoal grill (and firewood available) with enough space to accomodate anyone who has additional cooking. Sunday morning breakfast will be available for purchase provided by Casa Rivera Mexican Restaurant. Plenty of tie downs are available, but roofed hangar space is not available. (April is not a rainy month in AZ, the field is fenced and gated, so your gyro will be safe and secure, if you choose to park it at the field overnight.)
Please join us - everyone is welcome, gyro or not. We like to talk gyro's/rotorcraft and are anxious to meet you! Awards will be given in serveral catagories by popular vote.

Thank you,

Mark

SW Regional Rotorcraft Fly-in

SW Regional Rotorcraft Fly-in

Greetings:

A reminder of the Arizona Chapter 15 Fly-in next weekend - April 17 - 18.
The weather here has finally turned nice and we are looking forward to meeting new gyro friends and renewing acquaintances with old friends. Hope to see you there!

If you are planning to come, here is some information that may be of assistance:

AIRPORT STAT’S

San Manuel – Ray Blair Memorial Airport – E77.
Runway 11 and 29 – length 4200 ft
Elevation – 3275 ft
CTAF – 122.9 (Radio recommended)
Secure tie downs on ramp.
No hangar space available.
See airnav.com for layout

*Courtesy car available at the airport – for travel within San Manuel.

LODGING

Camping at the airport – lot’s of space available, but no hookups. Water and RR available at the east end of the field. Porta-potty at the west end.

Motel’s withing 2 miles:

San Manuel Lodge
666 W 8th
San Manuel, AZ
520-385-4340

Motel’s within 12 miles:

Foster’s Lodge
712 Hwy 77
Mammoth, AZ
520-487-1904

Chalet Village Motel
1245 W American Ave
Oracle, AZ
520-896-9171

B & B within 12 miles:

Triangle L Ranch
2805 N Triangle Ranch Road
520-896-2123

Sonora Bed and Breakfast
1215 W Oracle Ranch Rd
Oracle, AZ

Motel’s within 30 miles:

Best Western Catalina Inn
15691 N Oracle Rd
Catalina, AZ
520-818-9500

Motel’s within 40 milles:

Hilton El Conquistador Resort and Country Club
10,000 N Oracle Rd
Oro Valley, AZ 520-544-5000

NOURISHMENT

Friday evening:

Hot dog and apple pie cook-out – compliments of Arizona Chapter 15.

Saturday:

Breakfast and lunch can be purchased at the field –from family owned Casa Rivera Mexican Restaurant of Oracle.

Sunday:

Breakfast can be purchased on the field – from San Manuel Golf and Country Club – Breakfast burritos.

Local Area Restaurants:

La Casita Restaurant
570 S Ave A
San Manuel, AZ
520-385-3025
Breakfast and lunch only.

Mel’s Drive In
S McNab Parkway
San Manuel, AZ
520-385-4212

Minit Market/Subway
400 S Ave A
San Manuel, AZ
520-385-2499

San Manuel Country Club (across from airport)
26950 N Reddington Rd (Vet’s Memorial)
San Manuel, AZ
520-385-2224

Oracle Inn Steakhouse and Lounge
305 E American Ave
520-896-3333
Open all day Saturday and Sunday.

Casa Rivera Mexican Restaurant
1975 W American Ave.
Oracle, AZ
520-896-3747
Open all day Saturday and Sunday.

Nona Maria’s Pizza
2161 N Rockcliff Blvd
Oracle, AZ
520-896-3522

Las Michoacaas Mexican Restaurant
337 AZ 77
Mammoth, AZ
520-487-2380

OTHER LOCAL WEEKEND EVENTS

San Manuel Cooper Town Days
Festival – Food vendors, events, etc.
San Manuel

Tour of art studio’s
Oracle

Thank you,

Mark Rhoads

Chapter 15's fly-in comin up !

Chapter 15's fly-in comin up !

Mark, I will be there. There are at least four members of Chapter 1 planning to attend.

Britta tells me you expect at least a dozen gyros to attend. Jeff Jones of Chapter 1 is bringing his gyro to display as he hasn't flown it yet.
I hope you have a great turn-out and I am looking forward to being there.

See you next weekend.
Marion

Mark,

We're working on getting a group together to come down from Utah. I'll let you know more after this weekend, what kind of commitments I get.

Chapter 15 Fly-in

Chapter 15 Fly-in

Thank you Marion and Doug. We are really looking forward to seeing you next week!

Mark

Arizona Chapter 15 fly-in, it was great !

Arizona Chapter 15 fly-in, it was great !

Four of us from Chapter 1 went to the fly-in hosted by Chapter 15 of Az.
The weather was perfect and the company was good. There were 10 gyros , one of which was the beautiful shiny gyro that used to belong to Mike Schallmann. The new owner hasn't flown it yet.

Britta took me for a hop in her two place Air Command tandem...it was a first for me to have another female gyro pilot fly me about. I'd ride with her again!

The fly-in was the first for Chapter 15 and Britta and crew did a fine job.

Marion

Pardon me, but if there are no pictures, it never really happened. ;)

Mark, Britta, congrats! If it hadn't been the week of Sun n' Fun, I'd have been there. And, seriously, post some pictures!

Paul, between them Britta and Teddy

Paul, between them Britta and Teddy

took a ton of pictures. Check with them. Teddy even had to make a run to town to purchase a new memory card because his was filled.
Marion

Chapter 15 Fly-In pictures

Chapter 15 Fly-In pictures

I'll see if I can post some pics after viewing "posting pictures 101".

1st pic is of Marion flying 2 holer Air Command.

2nd is a colorful line-up of fling wing steeds on taxiway of San Manuel airport.

3rd is a picture of Britta and Mark's beautiful home in the local area. They graciously filled all beds, couches, trundle beds, patio, and driveways with the usual gyronaut suspects. Filled our bellies, too!

4th is a nite-ops pic. Shady characters exchanging felicitations and salutations the first night in San Man in Warren's Gyro Cave.

Cheers,

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_1048.jpg
    IMG_1048.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1000.jpg
    IMG_1000.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0979.jpg
    IMG_0979.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 2
Is there any activity for chapter 15 in AZ? I know the desert is a lonely place but there has to be something going on! I'm planning a move to Phoenix and would be nice if there were just a few crazy minded people that thought like me.