Attachments

• 455878311_f8306adbb4.jpg
    455878311_f8306adbb4.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1
  • H02-Honda-CBR-900.jpg
    H02-Honda-CBR-900.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
two problems with using a bike tranny, one major excess weight and two, no provision is made for torsional reasonance caused by the reduction set up.

Tony

Hey Tony, I was thinkin the same thing. The hot tip would be to machine a custom billet crankcase using the Jap rotating mass, and top end, with a provision for a modern PRSU.
Beyond me...:noidea:

I wonder if they are operating in 4th gear, that would be one to one out to the prsu I think. I always wanted use a superbike mill.

The yamaha snowmobile engines are basically superbike engines without all the crap you don't need. They are all based on the Yamaha R-1 sportbike engine.

Hi Ron

With that being the case, then we are already a long way down the road with the snowmobile engines, sort of like don't mess with sucess just put the pedal to the metal.

Tony

With a supercharger or turbo and just a little work you can have incredable horsepower out of the yamaha motors..I have a 3 cyl motor with 4 pounds of boost that is right at 210hp, I also have a full race 4 cyl motor with 28 pounds of boost that is 482hp