Catfish Bonanza! September 7, 2013

jcarleto

Aluminum Supporter
Aircraft
Beech Bonanza G-35 N4638D/"The Bulldozer" 2-Place Gyroplane N575EE
Total Flight Time
Several
This meeting at Rome, Georgia (Richard B. Russell Field) will feature not only the excellent breakfast served by our local EAA chapter, but lunch showcasing Bud ONeal's Catfish Extravaganza! This is one you do not want to miss!

Also featured will be fresh-from-the-field corn and a variety of covered-dish goodies!

Oh yeah...there will be gyroplanes there as well.

Directions to the event are here: http://www.peachstaterotorcraft.org/about.shtml#Rome

Last edited:
(Look how cleverly we coordinated with Sunstate so as not to conflict with their Labor Day Weekend get-together!)

I love it when a plan comes together.

Jon, are there any cheap motels in the area? Also, what time will the breakfast and fishfry begin? For the furture, is there any camping at the airport, power/water ? I hope I can make it. Stan V.

Jon....I would love to come down and pig out on the catfish!

Stan

Stan,

Rome has a number of motels from 1-4 stars. Those nearest the airport (North side of town) are in the 1 star (or no star) variety. South Rome (about 10 miles from the airport) has a wide variety along highway 411 of pretty good choices. In Downtown there are a couple of very nice and pricey hotels.

We meet at the EAA clubhouse, though we are not EAA. It is an old KOA campground. The showers and restrooms are still there, but I do not think the hookups are active. It is airport property, and we'd have to get permission to camp. That may happen in the future if we plan a more involved event.

Breakfast starts around 8:30. We'll do lunch...um...around lunchtime, I suppose.

Bud- I would love to come but besides stairwork, I just got started painting on my home which I have been holding off till September arrived.

I just can't break away!

Stan

More 4 Me!

More 4 Me!

Hey Stan...

No problem! I'll eat your portion! :whoo:

Bump!

Bump!

This Saturday!!!! Be there, or be eliptical!

Who's coming? Is everyone waiting to see what the weather is going to do, or what? I have to far to drive to make the breakfast but hope to make the fish fry.

I know Bud is coming. I'm told Steve McGowan plans a ride up. Most of the Cedartown hangar crew are coming. Some of the Tennessee folk plan to attend. Greg Mills plans to fly up from Carrollton if the weather is acceptable. We should have a fair group even if the weather isn't good.

Wish i could be there Jon...

PRA would really like to publish your fly-in in our eZine!!!

Jon could you or someone else setup a sign-in list of attends, take a few pictures, and maybe write just a little about the adventure we are all missing out on and email it to Lisa or me and I will forward it for you?

John,

There will be ample event material posted on the http://www.peachstaterotorcraft.org website. We have no problem with republication or linking to that material. I'll make a point to put an article in the public area after the event.

Weather or Not

Weather or Not

We always have our quarterly meetings "in spite of" the weather. Last time we were pretty lucky and it looks like this time it is going to be spectacular. Low humidity. Moderate temperature. Not a single trace of rain!

It's TOMORROW!

It's TOMORROW!

Wow! Great weather. Atlanta isn't even planning any special traffic snarls. The planets mus be in perfect "gyroscopic" alignment this weekend.

Jon
One of these days I'm gonna make it up to North Ga for the meet! Catfish sure sounds good. Hope to see you and the rest of the Rome crew at Wrens.

Harold

Fran and I are on our way, got a dog sitter so Gracie won't be alone, and we won't need to rush home after stuffing ourselves with catfish. The weather is perfect.