Carb Heat

Echo

Hi guy's,<br>               does anybody know if the carb heat system on large road bikes can be adapted to a Soob powered gyro? <br>   Cheers Eric<br>  PS : I like this site , even though I will miss Norm's.

Aussie_Paul

A reforming stirrer!!!!!
Aircraft
None at the moment.
Total Flight Time
Since 1982 Gyro 5000+ mostly instructing, and approx. 200 fixed wing in the late 1960s.
Re: Carb Heat

Eric, you need an ecu driven ignition and fuel injection system. <br><br>Fuel consumption dropped 20% I picked up an extra 80 to 100 engine rpm and have never had carby ice, after I changed my first Raf from carb to ecu.<br><br>How is the new project coming along?<br><br>I have a guy down from the Hunter valley training at the moment.<br><br>Aussie Paul.

Echo

Re: Carb Heat

This probaly should be in the tech section - oh well.<br>   <br>   Paul, would'nt ice be still a problem in that set-up ? I have 2 Bing carbs off a 912 , it's just an experiment. Since my last post I have found that  a TRX 350 quad has heating in the carb to allow easier starting , I've ordered a couple to see if they will fit in the side of the Bings - theres a spot there that can be drilled & tapped. Will post results - good or bad. How does one attach pic?<br>  Cheers Eric <br><br>  Hopefully test runs should be this weekend ( ?!!?)