Can We Remove Alcohol From Gas ?

It is said that the former ruler of Egypt (what an historical joke) will leave with 30 billion dollars, which brings me back to our subject, production of alternative fuel . . . why not?
WE know that any grain will be used as commoditiy price control, but that is only politics (isn´t it all?) as they did with corn in the past . . .but sugar cane, beets and others can be viable.
Question is: will the Oil Barons allow it? . . .and then comes . . . you . . .are you?
Heron

I found whre ever I go in this country if you search your area you can find stations without alcohol. the fuel is usually higher priced but they sell it by the truck full, Its usually at an out of the way station you probably never stopped at. I found several. keep looking they are there Good luck

Matt- First of all, get your facts straight about me. I did not go broke farming. That was reak smart of you doing such thorough homework on me. Others here have bad mouthed ethanol more than I have. Sir, in case you don't know it, I have a horse in this ethanol race, as I will benefit from it. But, I am not letting that bias my opinion, and I am just being honest with my thoughts. I can see why you were banned using language like you just did here. I will just let you rant. Stan

As a former farmer, I totally understand Matts frustration. I was sick of the government using the farmers as pawns as they tried to manipulate other countries with freeer or more restrictive grain trade. I just was stating my honest opinions even though I will gain later in life from ethanol. Matts livelihood is being touched on here, and that's why the hot emotion. Stan

Spent all my life around Alki Fueled race cars,:boink: Its a waste,low BTUs-:smokin: A note on oil ,Its the second most abundent liquid on the planet-Like dimonds its over regulated -:painkiller:

There appears to be a need of a lot of facts to be checked here. Stan, the consumptive water use by modern ethanol plants is about 3 gallons per gallon of ethanol produced. NOT 1200 GALLONS. Ethanol plants are designed to recycle water within the plant and usage is due to evaporation during cooling and waste water discharge.
NO BEACHES HAVE BEEN CLOSED DUE TO ETHANOL SPILLS --AMERICA’S CLEAN FUEL
NO U.S. SOLDIERS TO DEFEND OUR ETHANOL RESERVES – AMERICA’S INDEPENDENT FUEL
NO WARS HAVE EVER BEEN FOUGHT OVER ETHANOL -- AMERICA’S PEACEFUL FUEL
NO MILLION YEAR WAIT TO REPLENISH IT – AMERICA’S RENEWABLE FUEL

Last edited:
I got band from Doug Reevs'e site for thirty day's for sticking up for Ethanol,my goverment and my way of life. So let's see if I can get kicked off this forum. First off all let's pick on Stan why don't you just keep doing what your good at and that is building stairway's and flying and keep you F!#cking mouth shut and quit bad mouthing Ethanol. And that goes for the rest of you buthead's that hate Ethanol and think us farmer's are the cause of high food price's. If you want to talk about farming go to the Ag talk forum and you can bash Ethanol all you want to and I will not say a word. But this forum is about rotorcraft in case you forgot. No I am not going to start arguing with a bunch of idiot's so don't come back and ask me question's about anything that has to do with farming,Ethanol or how our goverment works. If you do not like it grow your own damn food and leave this site to rotorcraft talk only. Go ahead the power's to be of the rotary wing forum you have my permision to band me for sticking up for all the Amercian Farmer and the country we live in.

Good Day to you all

Matt,
With all due respect,...It's hard NOT to talk about aircraft and NOT mention ethanol. I deal with co-ops on a daily basis and they HATE the stuff. In my opinion, it is garbage and has killed more than a handful of pilots that did'nt have good enough information to AVOID the stuff.
Even the "green" crowd that used to laud the stuff now says that it pollutes MORE than regular gas.

I used it in my gyro until it ate its way through my fuel lines. I also burn MOGAS in my Grumman. I have to test every batch of fuel that I burn to make SURE that ethanol is not present. Its presence in an aircraft's fuel system is a sure-fired way to vapor lock and put an aircraft into a neighborhood at 120 mph. I have every manufacturer of aircraft engines in the world to back me on this, So you don't have to take my word for it. Why do ya think we have to test for it anyway?

Lastly, I'm sure your passionate about your beliefs, We all are, but we don't play that garbage-mouth crap here. Address others with repect , and you won't have to worry about being banned.

I have to agree with Dale, fuel problems related to ethanol have caused problems with our 2-stroke rotax motors on fire pumps. It is an issue when it effects operations, or becomes a life safety issue. I don't have a problem supporting farmers or reducing our dependance on foreign oil. :)

No problem with farmers here either. In my opinion, Farmers and truck drivers keep this country alive.

No aircraft engine manufacturer has or will ever give the o.k. to use ethanol as a suitable fuel alternative for their aircraft engines. It harms engine/fuel line components, attracts water(a major no no in aviation), hurts fuel economy, and causes vapor lock. A lycoming engineer was the first to enlighten me to the ills of this fuel.

I'll be the first to admit that I personally do not have a CLUE as to an answer for this countries fuel woes, but I DO believe that ethanol is NOT IT!

The viability of ethanol is more politically based, than in real-world practicality. And being PC won't keep ya from drilling a smoking hole in a sub-division at 10:00 pm when your engine vapor-locks or draws water and quits.

I got band from Doug Reevs'e site for thirty day's for sticking up for Ethanol,my goverment and my way of life. ...

Naw Matt we won't kick you off for having a strong opinion... We may argue with you.
However you got our buddy Stan all wrong! Don't think he has failed anything in is adult life.

:focus:
The actual reason and point of this thread is to remove the ethanol before it dissolves our seals, fuel tanks, lines, etc!

Ethanol has done significant damage to folks engines, fuel tanks, etc here some have to pay more for aviation fuel to avoid it so we HATE ethanol here, sorry! :yo:

Matt, the problem I have is CHOICE,
Let me CHOOSE to buy regular gas or Ethanol blend.

Let me Choose my light bulbs, Let me CHOOSE what food I eat (I don't need fat ass Ms. Obama telling me what to eat when she can't even keep the fat off her own a$$.)

Let Me CHOOSE what car I drive. (if the new Chevy Volt is SO good, why does it have to be subsidized?)

Let me CHOOSE how I spend and invest my money, basically I may be really off the mark here, but I feel that I can manage my money and take care of my family better than some Gov bureaucrat, Am I crazy?

Ethanol is a SCAM along with Global warming and all the other BS dreamed up to make you pay for being successful and to try to make you feel guilty for being an American.
Screw em, all of em.

Scott
Brazilians that invested in the Pro-Alcool back in the 70s got taken for a ride but, out of options they insisted and today things are different . . .
Also, don´t blame all in the product, just yesterday a tractor operator got killed by african bees after his machine hit the hive . . .he was preparing land for sugar cane . . .
And for Ms Obama´s ass, I have to call your attention to the fact she is Afro descendant, (prone to prominent tushes)
My point is: instead of trying to get the less loved fuel out of gas, why not prepare the engines so this won´t be an issue?
Also, there is a conspiracy for sure and those who never believe can´t come here crying wolf . . .either we are curraled by a certain group or we don´t, pick your trench and prepare lots of ammo . . .
Heron

I can't believe it! I thought for sure when I got out of bed this morning that I would not be able to get on the Rotary wing forum. Thank you guy's for that. Even though I do not think this should be debated here or anything else that is not gyro related I respect you all for letting me speak my peace and not go Ape with me and Stan Foster was the best. I should not of targeted him out but I did and he took it very well. From our private messages me and Stan had I think he will still talk to me. But I would not blam him if he told me to take a hike. I deleted that post I made because I think it is uncalled for. So now we can all agree on something on this forum that I should not of used that kind of harsh word's toward's one person. I would love to try to answer everybody's question's on Ethanol but I can't type that much and I am not trying to get people here to agree with me on Ethanol. I myself have bought a 300 gallon tank and have the fuel Man bring me out Ethanol free fuel 93 octane so that I can run in my two stroke's. This is all I have to say about this. Thank you guy's for bearing with me and not just banding me like Doug did.He will not even give me time to explain myself. That just does not seem right. He want's you to donate money for his income and I have been doing that. $100 the last couple year's. I would think he could give me at least one phone call. But whatever.

Heron,
Ethanol CANNOT EVER be used safely as an aviation fuel by virtue of it's composition. No matter what ANY gov't may say.

You say that Ms. Obama's ass is genetically prone to draw fat cells, Ethanol likewise draws water. But water in your aircraft's fuel is much more likely to kill you than Ms. Obamas' assfat. That is, as long as Ms. Obamas' assfat does'nt somehow make it's way into your aircrafts fuel tank. In the unlikely event that you get Ms Obama's assfat in your tank, you are equivalently screwed.

Also, Ms. Obama's assfat CANNOT EVER be used safely as an aviation fuel by virtue of it's composition.........no matter what ANY gov't may say.

In short,... Ethanol, like Ms. Obama's ass, could end up costing you your ass someday.

Matt,
So let me get this straight. You believe in the use of ethanol, as long as it is'nt you that has to use it?