Can it get any better?

Earthboundmisft

The 'FIXER'
Satellite Beach, (Sea Park),(Original 'Lums Bums'
Aircraft
The 'MISSFIT' gyro, GRAND CHAMPION, Bensen Days 2010
Total Flight Time
700 F/W, 227 Gyro
Flew two flights for a total of three hours today. Waving to the girls on the beach, and buzzin the boats on the islands. The 'Missfit' purring like a kitten, barely heard above my favorite I-Pod tunes along the way, it was pure heaven. Landed, and taxied to a fantastic barbeque hosted by our EAA chapter 1288. A spirited drive home in the old convertible, followed by my favorite Canadian spirits. More fun than a man should have. Got to give a big THANK YOU, to Lee Scatt for gettin me hooked on these crazy machines, and to Dave Seace for showing me how.:hail:

willisbr

Aircraft
Maule MT7-235; RAF 2000 (sold)
Awesome Mike. I've been flying all day myself! Only girls I had were the wife and baby waving...perfect for me! Take any pics?

Dmorris

Aircraft
I currently own an IFR Carbon Cub FX3. This is my 3rd Carbon Cub. Owned a Xenon, 2 TAF 2000's.
Total Flight Time
Thousands and adding every week!
Yes it was a great day to fly! Here is a pic. of me climbing to 4500 ft. for a cross country flight.

Attachments

• Xenon 4500 Ft..jpg
    Xenon 4500 Ft..jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Lee Scatt

Crash-test pilot
Aircraft
Bensen/BMW R-1100 (under construction)
Total Flight Time
500+
Mike, You're welcome, I can't wait till I'm up there again with you. Thanks for the buzz, the neighbors get all excited seeing that "Whirlygig" flying over.
What a beautiful day to be flying, dense, cool and crystal clear sky.
I am held up till I can get a PSRU for my Beemer, but I am making progress.

RICK MARTIN

Gold Member
Aircraft
Everglades Kite Gyro, Tandem Dominator
Total Flight Time
900 hours
Jeez Mike,..........................that was downright inspiring!

Glad to see you're back to your old ways.

Earthboundmisft

The 'FIXER'
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
700 F/W, 227 Gyro
Put in a few hours on the swamp buggy build project this morning, and now I'm headed to Valkaria to fly again. Can't decide which direction to go today... there's rumor of a nudist camp near Ft. Pierce...:lie:

Lee Scatt

Crash-test pilot
Aircraft
Bensen/BMW R-1100 (under construction)
Total Flight Time
500+
I've got GPS numbers....had to do some aerial surveillance once just to make sure no one had any clothes on. There is another one real close to the Kissimmee airport.

Doctor Bob

Ohh, can I play too? I flew off another 1.9 hours to finish my solo flying time on Friday. No girls waving, but a great big hug from wife, daughter and son when I met up with them later :) All the tornados that hit Ringgold, Georgia were just 15 miles north of my house. I flew over some pretty sobering areas. I didn't take any pics of those areas since I was too busy looking out for other planes. I then drove my dad's 911 convertible home since I am storing it for the winter. So, beautiful day, great 2 hour flight, and the tore up I-75 in the Porsche. Yep, beautiful day. Then again, the plane is rented and the Porsche is not mine. Oh well, it was still fun! Hope to take and pass my check ride soon...

Bob

Attachments

• Flying Carter's Lake.jpg
    Flying Carter's Lake.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Flying Brookwood.jpg
    Flying Brookwood.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Flying Aerial View I75.jpg
    Flying Aerial View I75.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Flying G1000.jpg
    Flying G1000.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 0
  • Flying Ride Home.jpg
    Flying Ride Home.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 0

Earthboundmisft

The 'FIXER'
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
700 F/W, 227 Gyro
Man the wind was blowin 28 at Valkaria today. I launched across rwy 10. After pre-rotate, it felt like the brakes were on. I rolled 30 feet and jumped off. 85 minutes of yankin and hoverin, and showin off, and I was gettin sunburnt. I dove in with the grayhead idlin, flared, and just hung there. So I added thrust and clawed down to a zero roll, slow motion, undetectable touchdown. The crowd went wild. The hobbs proudly displayed 132.3 hours. I clicked the lock on the hangar, feelin damn good.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Mike sorry I missed you at Bensen Days both days I went. Heard you came, had a 'bad vibration' and left?

You really seem to be racking up the time and seriously enjoying yourself, just don't get distracted by the local wildlife.

Had a few hours before my prerotator on the Hornet went, again, and I was grounded, again. Not a happy bunny.

Back in UK, arrived yesterday from SFO so a little jet lagged. Lovely weather so look forward to being airborne in the Bensen again. Not as beautiful as 'Missfit', but as they say, many a good tune... Oh, and no nude 'wildlife' around Rissington, probably still a little too chilly.

Penguin

Too Short a Member
Aircraft
Dominator, 582, 23' Dragon Wings, 60" Warp Drive
Total Flight Time
250+ hours
Trez:
Taxied Punkin' for the first time at dark-thirty this morning to check out all the systems.
Everything critical is in good shape.
Pre-rotator is ... FABULOUS!
I have a couple of minor things to tinker with. (I could use Prof/ Gadget's help ...)
But now I need to get some seat time.
More later.

choppergabor

Aircraft
N65GK Behemoth
Total Flight Time
Too few to mention
Trez:
Taxied Punkin' for the first time at dark-thirty this morning to check out all the systems.
Everything critical is in good shape.
Pre-rotator is ... FABULOUS!
I have a couple of minor things to tinker with. (I could use Prof/ Gadget's help ...)
But now I need to get some seat time.
More later.
I want to see you doing all that !!!!
Invite me already! :)

Earthboundmisft

The 'FIXER'
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
700 F/W, 227 Gyro
Leigh, I'm sorry I missed you at B-Days, I always enjoy talking with you. I found my 'thump' I was feeling at full throttle. One engine mount bolt had backed out several turns, and was hitting the lower mount cross bar. A second bolt on the same cross brace was also loose. Those fasteners are now included on my pre-flight inspection. Hope you get back in the air soon.