Calidus accident at La Verne, California 3.9.22

The most sensible date format I ever saw was in a music encyclopedia. September 3, 2022 would be shown as,:

03 IX 2022

Not only is it impossible to confuse month and day, but it works for any language to use Roman numerals one through twelve instead of month names.
I've seen British authors use the Roman numeral month format, C.S. Lewis in particular.

I feel most gyroplane flight instructors are doing their best to communicate a lot of information in a limited time frame.

A few gyroplane flight instructors aren’t very good for various reasons; the majority I have flown with work hard at their profession.

All of the gyroplane flight instructors I have flown with do try to get the basics down for self preservation.

Many low time gyroplane pilots feel they need to use the runway in use at an airport with an operating control tower and once cleared to land feel they must land.

I have been criticized for teaching landing with a tail wind and this mishap is a good example of why I do.

The pilot likely landed long and was not slowing down like he was used to because of the tail wind.

In retrospect it is easy to write that the accident pilot should have been given more instruction on wind direction and its effect, landing with a tail wind, go arounds and taxi speed.

It is difficult to predict what a pilot will do when confronted with something new and unexpected.

I will use this accident as a teaching aid.

It is my impression that this pilot is in his fifties.

With other aircraft in the pattern there is a desire to clear the runway as soon as possible despite being made aware that once they receive a clearance to takeoff or land they own the runway until they leave it.

I feel this desire may have contributed to the pilots decision to make that taxiway.

When I introduce people to basic airmanship and rotor management my hope is they will remember about 30%.

As the flight instruction continues I hope to reach 75% retention of the information I have presented but likely not in the same order or priority.

At some point I need to solo them so their learning can accelerate and I often spend most of the night before soloing them reviewing all the times I have felt I needed to take control of the aircraft and review what I imagine are the results of my remedial action.

I have little control over what the pilot does after I solo him and sometimes a pilot may feel he has discovered a better way to do things.

This is in part why the solo endorsement has a time limit.

I feel this accident chain could happen to many of the gyroplane pilots I have given a flight review to.

It appears to me the accident pilot had a brief lapse in judgment.

With other aircraft in the pattern there is a desire to clear the runway as soon as possible despite being made aware that once they receive a clearance to takeoff or land they own the runway until they leave it.

I feel this desire may have contributed to the pilots decision to make that taxiway.

I think this is the main reason for the crash. Early in my flying, I was 'eager to please' and would do heavy braking to make an earlier turn-off to clear the runway. At some point I realized that (a) the people landing behind me aren't paying my maintenance bills; (b) If they are that close, they mistimed their approach; (c) they have the option to go around. I don't let other people rush my decisions anymore. No one has ever had to go around for me, and I've never been asked to expedite leaving the runway (which leads me to believe that the pressure I felt previously was self-imposed).

Yeah agree with Vance its likely the instructor have already covered this risk in some detail its just very sadly not gone in...or not in well enough