Butterfly at NH U.L. Flyin

Doug Riley

Platinum Member
My former student, Dan LeCuyer, will be bringing his Metro-launch equipped 503 Butterfly to the Yankee Ultraight Flyin in Greenland, New Hampshire this weekend. I imagine it will fly and not just be a static display.

It's a nice machine that anyone who hasn't seen one should check out.

I'll be bring my gyro there Friday and Saturday (not to fly, though :( I hope to check it out!

what a great day at sandersons field. looks like the last year for this location. a fun place with lots of rotorcraft this year. nice meeting new faces.

i wouldnt believe it if i hadnt seen it. a snowmobile doing circles on the pond. that is cool. wish i had my camera handy.

flew 4 loads of young eagles in the r-44 and had a ball. the champ was doing all the work flying one at the time, couldnt let that happen. lots of fun with the kids and parents. flew some of the hard working club members and even got a big kiss from one of the gals.

took a nice guy and landed at petes beach front fried food place in rye NH. this guy was going nuts doing helo stuff. a good photo to come. you will love this one. :drum:

img0799rd.jpg

img0798bp.jpg

well which pic do you like best? NH beaches were busy. it was a great time in NH. :typing:

Turbo: Thanks for bringing your awesome R-44. It iced the cake: We had the largest rotorcraft showing at Yankee Ultralight that I've ever seen.

I sure had fun yanking and banking Dan's Butterfly (thanks, Dan!). Glen, the Airboss, was pretty mellow about allowing vertical descents on final. I didn't actually ASK about pirouettes on final, but "just did it."

This event may stay at Sanderson's after all. It's a lovely spot, with lots of shade, a pond and easy access to the beaches. Like having a flyin in a private park.

It does require lots of volunteer effort, and some of the oldtimers are really burnt out after 21 years. Some have found other interests, become infirm or even died. I hope that younger people who've had a good time at these events (maybe from the time they were toddlers!) will step up. Some already have.

I FELL IN LOVE with the pictures.

Thanks for sharing!!!!