Butterfly and 618

cburg

I have a 582 blue head on mine and it flies great. The only thing I don’t like about it is *no clutch*. I have to ride the brakes during taxi to stay above the re-drive chatter RPM range. I hate this.

I have the same problem on my two trikes. Fellow trike guys with clutches love em’ on their two-strokes.

Chuck

GaryMac

Aircraft
Building a Genesis G1sa
Total Flight Time
Fairly certain that Tim Verroi had a 618 on his Butterfly, before he converted it to a 912 Monarch configuration.

scottessex

Sling-Wing Pilot
Aircraft
Dominator 582
Total Flight Time
200+
Chris Wilson did it to his, no complaints from him. I think he sold it to Glenn K here on the forum.

Glenn_K

I'm Batman
Aircraft
Butterfly "Super" Monarch, Butterfly Aurora, AutoGyro Calidus Piper Warrior, C150, C172
Total Flight Time
250+
Yes, I own the Wilson "Super" Monarch now. Chris changed the keel and the mast to Aurora parts so it could accommodate the 618 and a 68" prop. I got less than 25 hours on the 618 and it melted 3 pistons. I wasn't interested in a 3rd rebuild and more money to chase a gremlin. I bought a Red Gold Rotax 670 from Rotax Rick. Just finished the install and testing today. I had to install an electric fuel pump to supplement the Mikuni pump, as it was unable to supply enough fuel to keep the float bowls full at WOT. Works great now. Unfortunately, I don't have a basis for comparison between the two. The weather here is much hotter that the last time I flew the 618. But the 670 seems to be running fine and has plenty of power for me at 4600 feet and 90+ degrees. Leaving for Mentone with it tomorrow.
Goin' flying with the pros and all my friends!! :whoo:

Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
Thanks Guys!
Scary Gary, you are not good shooting from the hip! YOU MISSED > > >
hERON (Head down to dodge the bullet)

mimuc

ricordi?

ricordi?

Ciao heron , ti ricordi di me? ai poi costruito l'autogiro in brasile?
Sono Mimmo