Brian's Genesis G1sa Build

willisbr

Aircraft
Maule MT7-235; RAF 2000 (sold)
Nicolas, John, and I spoke at great length last night and this morning and I finally came to a conclusion...another Genesis will brought to the U.S.! Well, I had actually decided weeks ago but I was waiting on the nod from my wife. My RAF is a joy for my wife and I but I want to experience the open air in a single place! I feel the Genesis is a solid choice to feed my craving to build and get the wind in my face.

I'll be starting my build hopefully within a month or two. I'm excited to be a part of the first few to build this gyro in the states. This will be my first build/fabrication ever. I hope I can do some leaning on some of the veteran builders out there for ideas and pointers. I can't wait to get started! I'll be doing a build thread and documenting my experiences as a amateur builder. One of my goals is to show MYSELF that I can do it...hopefully this will radiate to other new guys and generate more interest in our sport.

new-1.gif

Attachments

• new-1.jpg
    new-1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Willisbr- Great news! I am telling ya, this gyro is going to rock. Just another great choice to choose from. I will be looking forward to your build thread. Stan

I've been getting to know Brian so much better! He is a good man, husband, and father of two daughters!

Welcome to the Genesis family Brian!!!

How cool is that! Brian will have two rides. A two place with cabin and now a yank and bank dream come true. Man does he have a good wife or what!!!

Way to go Brian!!!

I cannot wait for the build thread and so glad there will be a new Genesis in Florida...

Awaiting arrival of the construction videos and plans. My kit should be complete and ready to ship by February. How exciting!

This week I have been getting my shop ready. Tools, work bench. Need a space heater!

Decided on a painter for powder, automotive, and ceramic coatings. Still working out a color scheme. I like Aviomanias tail design with the striping and stars. May keep this but with different colors. Don't know yet. Some initial ideas are white with blood red control/suspension tubing and some red decal work on the tail and nose. Still playing with some other ideas.

Waiting on more good news from Nicolas. Excited!

Brian- I can't wait to watch your build. I can feel the excitement. I have learned a long time ago that a job well planned is already half done. Looks like you are off to a good start already, Stan

Yo Brain!!!

It is exciting and you are doing it right. New work bench, new knowledge on how not to hold a part you are drilling. You are a builder now and have the war wounds to prove it!

I like the colors and power coat you emailed me it will look 1st class!

Also Nicolas will create those strips or any other graphic you wish for you and I think in just about any color.

I just received an email from Nicolas this morning giving me an update on some shipping hurdles. Apparently the authorities get a little antsy when you try to ship a small package that is declared as aircraft plans.

I'm looking into registering for a Rotax course a few hours away in Mississippi. There's an intro course and then an intermediate course. Want to learn as much as I can about dissassembly, assembly, preventative maintenance, and overhaul. From some of the videos I have watched, I feel that I am up to the challenge of doing all of this. The confidence in my engine is going to be best realized by me learning every single thing about it. I think that is why I'm so looking forward to this total build project.

Hi Brian,

I'am waiting so excited that someone drops a note indicating a Genesis
or parts of are received.
Maybe Nic should alter the declaration into aircraft picture insted of aircraft plans

Looking forward awaiting your posting
Guenter

Well I came home today to find a note on my door that my build plans DVD has arrived in the states! But I have to wait and pick it up tomorrow. If the damn cat can't sign for my deliveries when I'm away what use are they? Another day goes by,

More good news Brain, now you can start building in your imagination making it easier for the real deal!

The build videos are amazing! I've been watching them all morning and getting familiar with the meticulous techniques that Nicolas explains in zoomed, thorough detail. I also received my blown up color cad drawings. Huge! Each sheet takes up my whole table. Going strait on my shop walls this week. I'll post some pixelated shots so you can get an idea of the completeness. Have to honor the proprietary agreement. Lastly, the engraved Aviomania Genesis serial plate. My wife came home and was excited to see all of our material. Now she's wanting to help. How awesome. We are going to have a DVD night!

Brian- The more I communicate with Nicolas, and seeing your excitement over the videos, just reinforces Johns excellent choice of teaming up with Nicolas. I feel even in this down economy, this gyro is going to sell over here. By the way, I have my foot in the door with KitPlanes. One good article in that major newstand magazine is going to really help sales, imho. With your build thread and mine, this will put on a blitz! Stan

Just hoope Nicolas doesn't run into a logistics and supply problem or finding enough qualified help to expand because he sure is going to need to expand. :) :) :)

Tony

PS and wait until he hits the market with a ultralight ?????

Tony

I missed this thread when it started. How exciting. Congratulations.

Brian,

What options did you get (or getting...) to include engine. I am very interested in what you think of the build process as someone, like myself, who has not built an aircraft. The price of the Genesis is something that even an 'overpaid' government worker married to a teacher could afford if I ever get kids out of college ;-) So let us on the forum live vicariously though you as start this process! A workshop heater in Florida...isn't that just a sweatshirt? :)

Mike

Congrats Brian on your choice of build, I think you have made a great decision.

Brian,

What options did you get (or getting...) to include engine. I am very interested in what you think of the build process as someone, like myself, who has not built an aircraft. The price of the Genesis is something that even an 'overpaid' government worker married to a teacher could afford if I ever get kids out of college ;-) So let us on the forum live vicariously though you as start this process! A workshop heater in Florida...isn't that just a sweatshirt? :)

Mike

G1sa
Rotax 582 with E box
Europrop? (Ukranian)
Upgraded nosewheel and suspension
Mechanical prerotator
24' Dragonwings

I want to make some Genesis T-shirts!