Brazilian Columbine

Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
Young man, 23, two .38 revolvers and speed loaders
Middle School, 12 dead, lots wounded ages 10 to 14, mostly girls.
Shooter shot himself after police officer got him in the legs.
By the end of this day, 160 will die in traffic and another 160 by armed hands. It is war!
Gun control could NOT, repeat NOT have prevented this!
Point to notice, accuracy . . .he missed very little, all shot in the head and chest.
Clues point to bullying, hard line upbringing (Mom is Jehova´s witness), internet access to muslim indoctrination and been HIV positive.
He went back to old school! With a snap . . .
Heron (not surprised)

Young man, 23, two .38 revolvers and speed loaders
Middle School, 12 dead, lots wounded ages 10 to 14, mostly girls.
Shooter shot himself after police officer got him in the legs.
By the end of this day, 160 will die in traffic and another 160 by armed hands. It is war!
Gun control could NOT, repeat NOT have prevented this!Point to notice, accuracy . . .he missed very little, all shot in the head and chest.
Clues point to bullying, hard line upbringing (Mom is Jehova´s witness), internet access to muslim indoctrination and been HIV positive.
He went back to old school! With a snap . . .
Heron (not surprised)

Sad so very sad!
Unfortunately few understand that it is the sick mind that is the problem and attempt to place blame on the inanimate object.

Gun control could NOT, repeat NOT have prevented this! ???

I dont get it - isnt the very nature of gun control to control the supply and/or avaiability of weapons to the general populace. Granted if you want one badly enough and have $ in a highly controlled country you can access them, but why wouldnt strict gun control have prevented this

I grew up on a farm and used firearms most of my life, but when the stats show the countries with the laxest firearm control have the most firearms deaths, isnt that a stat we should consider, or dismiss it as a coincidence ?

The police are allways too late, A well trained and armed population has a better chance at stopping a madman. and crimanals fear the unknown armed citizen, Tiranical Government hates armed civilian populations. Washington D.C. has the most strict firarms laws and the nations highest death rate from violent crime,If you are a nutjob or a criminal what law is going to stop you? None, The thought of a round at your center mass-Has a more chilling effect-Than a piece of paper....

Gun control could NOT, repeat NOT have prevented this! ???...when the stats show the countries with the laxest firearm control have the most firearms deaths, isnt that a stat we should consider, or dismiss it as a coincidence ?

Chris, such stats appeal to emotion, but don't demonstrate cause/effect. If someone wants to kill a bunch of people in a school and can't get a gun, he'll block the exits and start a fire, build a fertilizer bomb, or drive a truck through the playground at recess, the kind of stuff the Taliban favors when attacking girls' schools in Afghanistan.

Overreaching gun control laws serve only to disarm the victims. If every teacher had a gun, these school-shooting stories would have very different endings.

There are certainly cases in which ready access to a firearm escalates domestic arguments, no question. But if someone plans ahead for a massacre, there are lots of weapons available, some of which don't even require the coward to get into the building.

I dont get it - isnt the very nature of gun control to control the supply and/or avaiability of weapons to the general populace. Granted if you want one badly enough and have $ in a highly controlled country you can access them, but why wouldnt strict gun control have prevented this

I grew up on a farm and used firearms most of my life, but when the stats show the countries with the laxest firearm control have the most firearms deaths, isnt that a stat we should consider, or dismiss it as a coincidence ?

I think the USA has the most automobiles per capita in the world.
Guess what. I bet we have the most automobile deaths per capita.
Are we going to outlaw cars? Should we? 16 year old children drive the most lethal objects in America.
Flame away.

Hillberg
Sargent Alves was two blocks away and got a phone call from a kid already wounded in the school. He attended with his partner, walked in and met the shooter at the stairways from 2nd to 3rd floor . . .been aimed at he fired twice hiting the guy in the leg, he went down the stairs and blew his brains out.
Hunting has been forbiden in Brasil, mainly because of citizens control, if things go bad, the top level of our pyramid will be protected. You will feel the same when time comes, just don´t you worry.
When someone decides to do something like that they will do whatever it take to get through . . .as there are no assault rifles available here, in special after police invaded the hills in Rio and got hundreds of weapons out of circulation, he just took revolvers.
Resolve was his weapon and hate was his fuel!
Just like you hating the invisible enemy, Big Brother . . .and getting ready to shoot someone . . .anyone when you get out of control!
It will happen folks, those zoombie movies will happen, just they will be people sick and starving if we get a slap by Mother Nature . . .go talk to the natives, they can show you a better way to try and survive.
Nothing to do with all this . . .these guys had problems, the problems got fed by a indifferent comunity, bullies got him in the right path.
You are used to this, we are watching our first one . . .
Keep swinging blindly . . .you are easy prey, guns or not . . .just feed you passion and be a gun affictionado, no BS ´cause you know squat about what is going on.
We are all afficcionados . . .guns are cooll in the right hands!
Be at piece and pray to your God to send you some light.
thanks
Heron
Ray, you guys cant touch the brazilian carnage ratio cars/people . . .one Vietnam per year.

The police are allways too late, A well trained and armed population has a better chance at stopping a madman. and crimanals fear the unknown armed citizen, Tiranical Government hates armed civilian populations. Washington D.C. has the most strict firarms laws and the nations highest death rate from violent crime,If you are a nutjob or a criminal what law is going to stop you? None, The thought of a round at your center mass-Has a more chilling effect-Than a piece of paper....

Well said Hillberg. I think more people should take the course and get their concealed carry license.

Give it a couple more days and the liberals will try to say the US supplied the guns to this psycho.

Heron ,Two blocks is too far-Its not hate, Its the truth that in this world you have people that serve evil, Both in high office & down the block,Its human Nature for good people to turn away and become victims, In the past (High school) we had a nutbag pull a gun-The problem didn't last long Nutbag went to jail-I was asked to take the day off....It just takes one person to break the link in a chain of events-Cops only take reports and follow after the facts. 4% of the people cause 90% of our problems.

Things here are a little more complicated . . .
For the Prez, they had to change schedule, landing area and route . . .they did not want to motorcade on Red Line, the major conection with the airport.
No threat for terrorists, just our local boys could try a souvenir . . .we held up the President´s motorcade.
This is organized crime on steroids, with all the effects . . .all lunatics that are very well armed and willing to inflict pain!
They walk to the traffic jam 20 at the time toting AR15 and all kinds of good stuff, robbing people in the cars . . .there are videos so see.
Everyone is sticking a hand in this pot . . .foreigner entities also . . .the American States Organization just told our govt to immediatly stop the project for a new hydroelectric plant . . .just like this . . . we supposedly need to consult with the indians first and take care of enviromental issues . . . :roll:
They are not as good as we want, but they are elected and we should follow their lead, this is democracy!
It is the Old Wild West all over again!
Heron

When you take into account the firearms death include suicides, that is a fallacy, especially when you add the suicide stats into the death rates of those so called safe nations....

One more time for those of you that believe the liberal rhetoric, ""IT'S THE CRIMINALS STUPID" Laws are only for the law abiding, and since it is already against the law to murder, so gun laws are only feel good legislation that is of no practical use that disarms the law abiding citizen leaving them defenseless against this type of assault.

Oh great a quote from an unreliable source than anyone can go in and edit, why not one from the UN they only lie when it suits them..... Oh and have you looked at the violent crime rates lately in those same countries?

Last edited:
Sheldon
Slice and dice as much as you want. I will only accept you are an aficcionado, other excuses to have guns are lame.
It is apalling the number or weapons and ammo all over the world.
Law abiding citizens are the vast majority, gun owners are a small portion of it . . .and minority in most nations.
Law by the minority? Only because you can inforce it with your weapons . . .
Heron

I hate to go OT on this but others have said it as well, all it would have taken is one armed citizen...

Here in the US some of the less publicized school shooting story's are of the HS principal, a kid with a gun was shooting up his school, the principal went to his car for his licensed 1911 and ended it post haste, his reply was "I couldn't stand to see someone hurting my kids".

At a college just shortly after the Columbine incident a nut job started shooting at students when another student went to his car and retrieved his licensed hand gun and put an swift end to it....

The press tends to hide these types stories....

Further back during WWII one Japanese General was asked why they did not invade the US west coast, his reply was that the Japanese military feared the armed citizens.

There are hundreds of such stories and according to the anti gun TIME LIFE firearms are used over 1,000,000 times a year in self defense, many times simply showing the gun and never firring it....
Happened to me when a kid tried to rob me at a gas station, the sight of my HK was sufficient to end his attempt....

So quick question Heron how many of your laws besides murder did that POS break murdering all those people, and would one more law made any difference? You already said it in your first post "Gun control could NOT, repeat NOT have prevented this!"

"Gun control laws increase the power of government and the criminal element over the average citizen and serve no other purpose."
-General Robert E. Lee

Last edited:
First the event:
The shooter´s mother was psicologicaly unstabel to a point her aunt had to adopt the boy and raise him.
He was also troubled and after 911 (seen it on TV) he started his path to this faithfull day. Became stranger and the family took him to the doctors . . .we all know what they do . . .
For been strange, he was bullied at school, more than anyone you guys know what it is, you have them in every youth movie.
He contracted HIV, don´t know yet but some homo was involved, may be wrong.
Then he posted on the Net seven days prior to the mess: Soon Brazil will have its own documentary a la Columbine, for I will go back to the school I was bullied (bulinado is the term created for it happens so often) and kill everyone (or something of that nature)
Good recipe isn´t it? What if he had access to the cache of weapons your kids have?
Now for the gun control part.
Tugs here know the regular citizen is not armed, but they come shooting, not knocking!
People don´t have the resources to buy, register and keep a weapon, not even barely, much less with proper training and ammo.
Brazilians are emotional people, the best effect the ban law has so far is on crime or passion, went down sharply.
I am middle class and once was upper middle class, used to have, train, compete and be around weapons of all sorts . . .the lower classes don´t have them, if they do, something is wrong.
We brazilians are not used constantly by midia and politicians to support wars and very little ex-combatents are on the streets, the last ones from WWII, and we don´t have generals quotations to go by and feel strong.
The ex military are good citizens, some still have weapons and they are very well educated, become role models were they live a civil life, I never seen any doing gun apology.
We never had regular wars just small regional problems of people against rulers and supported by a central power called government. Plenty of graves around for that.
People hunt with different devices, bullets are not easy to come buy, back then they came from America, now it is Paraguay and 99% are for bad use.
We don´t have alien invasions, all are welcome and they come, believe me . . .
NO minutemen, no arizona law, no maids hunt, no paranoia about power, constitutional rights, we are still a colony, now from US and soon to have our own landlord living here.
People feel, people shrug and go to party, there is no bigger party going on . . .
So as I said: if its legal and you like, own as many guns as you can afford. don´t bullyshot me with this crap you are Capitain America and will fix it with the Colt, you never done it right, live on fantasy island for croocked old histories from the West and the number of wrong shots in your country is probably the same as other, percentually speaking.
Put a price on those lives and see how shallow your argument is!
I love guns, have them, legally, dont carry them and don´t think civilians should take care of this matter, it must be dealt by experts and pros. I just pray they are not sold out, but unlikely . . .they are all for hire . . .USA is buying.
I can´t change your state of mind, that has been ingrained in your soul, it is who you are, part of been Core American, very white, very christian and very republican.
Its ok because it is mostly hot air, the statistics are the same with you or without . . .
Just don´t feel ofended, I do like you guys a lot, we diverge on small points . .
Heron

Too bad for the kids- Self protection is a God given right-Madmen only need a goal and no reason. Evil will allways rule when good men do nothing.

Right you are Hillberg!
Some time ago they destroyed Phys Ed classes, the teacher used to be the center of civil education and problem solver for the kids, drugs, family matters, pregnancy, dating etc
now the kids run amoc
This kid was sick from birth, but he could have more help from the system, living in Rio is no picnic for the masses, it is awfull
heron