Border patrol got me!

BEN S

Aircraft
Sportcopter Vortex "light"
Total Flight Time
200+
As I came back to my runway today I see an unmarked white suburban tear assing across the desert towards my location. At first I was alittle pissed cause whoever they were they were mucking up some pristine land. As I put down on the deck and start to taxi to the hangar the bozo almost parks on top of my chocks! After trying to wave them forward a few feet and being completely ignored, I shut down my rig and tied it off. I get over to the truck and out comes a Border Patrol agent in civies. She starts asking all kind of questions about my Sportcopter and where I fly it. After talking with her for about 30 minuets it seems the drug runners are using ultralights to smuggle pot over the border latey! I knew they were cause one crashed south of here a few weeks ago, But I didn't thnk they would be coming to talk to me personnally. As if to prove her point that they were activly searching for ultralights at that point the BP Eurocopter screamed over us at about 75 feet and circled us to make sure she was OK I guess. She gave me her card and asked me to report any strange ultralight traffic to them when I see it. I asked her if they were finding the guys armed and she said sometimes. Guess I will have to mount that machine gun on my rig sooner than I thought!
Ben S

Chuck Roberg

Gyro's are more fun
Aircraft
SnoBird Tandem Gyro, Robinson R-22, Assorted Fixed Wing
Total Flight Time
Guess I will have to mount that machine gun on my rig sooner than I thought!
Have you thought about carrying a handgun with you?

BEN S

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
200+
Alwys do...

Alwys do...

for those who haven't thought about it...carry a revolver, they don't eject spent brass into your props!
Ben S

JRB549

J.R. Brown
Aircraft
Working on a Two seater
Total Flight Time
I'm with ya Gary, didnt find it huh?

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
In this security conscious day and age not worth even joking about it.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
You obviously know Ben pretty well then.

theschultz

I imagine you guys heard of the CA incident the other week? CBP and regualr police drew down on departing flight for no reason. Heavy, man.

greg spicola

Aircraft
AR-1 /Dom 2 place/ Anything with Rotorblades/
Total Flight Time
2600+ in gyros 510 in helicopter
I've thought about it Ben, two words Brass Catcher :first:

fiveboy

I FLY THE JUNGLE JET!
Aircraft
AC Tandem Elite F30
Total Flight Time
Almost 200 hours
If the border patrol had anything on the ball they would find a way to get the smugglers a good deal on low rider air commands and have Hirths on them. Then convince them that they are easy as riding a bike.

Scary Gary congratulations. A child is truly a blessing.

BEN S

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
200+
As I was previously unawares of my expecting condition..

As I was previously unawares of my expecting condition..

Thank you Scary Gary for letting me know who it was I nailed in the dark back in Thailand many months ago. don't be expecting to go "big PX shopping,Joe" anytime soon though.
As an Ex Navy Diver one of the best traits I ever picked up was a tendency to have a thick skin. as for the Dope, unless I could trade it to a certain gyro manufacturer directly for one of their latest creations (I doubt they would take the payment) the only thing I would like to do with it would be burn it in front of the smugglers just to watch them squirm. Then spread the rumors around that they kept it for themselves and watch what happens!
As for a brass catcher, the full auto gun with beta c mag spews too much brass for the bag to hold. I will need to devise some kind of downward facing chute to get rid of the empties:)
Ben S