Bloody hell. 10 years!!!!

Aussie_Paul

A reforming stirrer!!!!!
Aircraft
None at the moment.
Total Flight Time
Since 1982 Gyro 5000+ mostly instructing, and approx. 200 fixed wing in the late 1960s.
This evening around 5.45pm 10 years ago my life and those close to me changed considerably. A gyroplane accident that had me fighting for life in a coma for 7 weeks. Then over a dozen operations to repair my two crushed vertebrae, and scrapping skin from non burnt areas to graft the 55% full thickness burn areas, along with the super bugs that were trying to kill me. 55% full thickness burns, 58 years old and having had type 1 diabetes for 38 years I apparently surprised the medicos and survived. :)

Our kids tell me I survived because I am a "stubborn old bastard".

Life is now chronic pain and exhaustion. Gyroplane stabilty, horizontal stabilisers, and students are now replaced with smelling the roses, learning patience, caravan touring, and Grandkids.

I do fly occaisonally, mostly getting my mate Chum's gyro ready for sale as he is developing Dementia. I keep my mechanical grey matter working by learning how to set up our caravan for off grid glamping. :)

Aussie Paul. :)

Attachments

eddie

RAF, turbo subaru 230hp
Aircraft
230 HP turbocharged RAF
Total Flight Time
8,000 plus
Your still flying Paul 6 years ago I talked to you about moving my landing gear back and you supplied me with a drawing of how to do that,

over the years that modification to my RAF has saved my bacon a lot of times. Thank you, really glad your still here.

klyde

Aircraft
Baby Belle
Total Flight Time
Aussie Paul: I'm going to quit telling people about my crash. Yours makes mine look like a non-event. I did pickup some lower back damage and have some idea of what you go thru. You must be meant for more things. I'm going to use your story to stop some of my little pains interfering with my moving on. Thank you and good luck.