Bleeding Magni M16 brakes

coyotekyk

Today I wanted to change the brake fluid in my Magni M16. When I started to bleed the system (like I´ve always done in my cars or motorbikes) it was impossible. Air was coming in all the time and I had bubbles everywhere. Does somedoby know if there is any special procedure to bleed magni´s brakes?

schmoe90

Magni M-16 Sport Pilot
Aircraft
Magni M-16
I don't think there's anything special, but I had a lot of air leaking in around the hoses where they bolt into the calipers, so they needed (re)tightening. I've also left the brakes on overnight and allowed the air to work its own way out. This is the Grimeca brakes, I haven't taken a look at the Beringers.

coyotekyk

I also have the "old" Grimeca system. I'll take a look at the bolts you tell me. It makes sense. Thanks.

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2200+ in rotorcraft
Please understand I have not ever bled a Magni brake system.

This is how I bleed the Grove brake system on The Predator.

Using the correct brake fluid is very important.

I suspect somewhere out there is a Magni specific brake bleeding procedure and I feel it is best to use the factory procedure.

coyotekyk

In case someone else does the same, you have to remove the brake hoses, so that the plunger of the pump is completely open. In this way a bleeding can be done with the traditional method.

schmoe90

Magni M-16 Sport Pilot
Aircraft
Magni M-16
Just an interesting update - we were bleeding up Chris' Beringer brakes last week and having a lot of difficulty getting pressure. We ended up with the main wheels on 2x4 blocks and the tail on the ground at Dayton's suggestion, and it bled up quickly then.