Blade Flap, also called Blade Sailing in UK.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Haven't seen any videos on this subject and this Instructor, Chris Koob has given it a shot.

I think he has done a pretty good effort as he covers what a lot of us feel is a rather misunderstood subject, that perhaps some students don't fully 'get', and can consequently get into trouble with.

(Not great with US regional accents but to me sounded a little bit 'Minnasotarish')

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
Nice job on the video Chris and nice job answering the questions.

Thank you for your efforts to make flying a gyroplane safer.

Kevin_Richey

Yamaha gyro...Oregon, USA
(Not great with US regional accents but to me sounded a little bit 'Minnasotarish')
Leigh: You may be correct, and he well might be a transplant to Texas, according to the N# shown in the video of his Magni.

Kevin_Richey

Yamaha gyro...Oregon, USA
@ the 8:06 point in the video, in the last point, I believe it should read excessively "loading" instead of excessively "unloading".
The pilot attempted to get the rotorblades up to flight speed by an aft movement, which introduced more airflow into the rotor disc than they are capable of handling due to their too slow of rotation, and the gyroplane's airspeed is excessive compared to the rotorblade's rpms @ that stage.

Tyger

Aircraft
Magni M16
Total Flight Time
@ the 8:06 point in the video, in the last point, I believe it should read excessively "loading" instead of excessively "unloading".
No, he does mean "unloaded" in that fourth bullet point. He explains what he means on that point in more detail at about 10:15. It has to do with tilting the rotor only partially back at the start of the roll.

Philbennett

Nice work. In the Calidus accident with 200rrpm pre-rotation obviously the causal effects were pretty well discussed for this particular accident but some comments on Calidus snags.

In general terms I always recommend people pre-rotate to beyond 200 in Calidus and for that matter Cavalon because the day you line up on a light wind day and don't "get on with it" once you release the pre-rotator and/or you're a bit tubby and short [so you need to sit forward and the aft stick movement isn't 100%] the rrpm decay, if it doesn't actually bite gets close.