Black Sheep

CLS447

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Air Command 503 & Air Command SxS /EJ2.5
Total Flight Time
Aprox 400 gyro
Remember when we were the oddballs of the aviation world ? We had to build our gyros & self train.

I've heard & seen it all...." you must be crazy " " You sit on the gas tank ?"......my favorite...."How high does it go ? ".

We have definitely come full circle. Even the guys with money, that would normally just buy a fixed wing, have seen the light.

When I first saw the Air Command Video....I was hooked...never turned back ! "There's something new in the air !" Thanks to Dennis Fetters !

Now look at what you can get with a wheelbarrow full of cash.

I think it is pretty cool that we are no longer the Black Sheep. EVOLUTION !

What do you think ?

Thanks to all the people who believed & promoted gyros & safety. I also would like to thank ROTAX & Subaru.

Not to ever forget....Bill Parsons !

Thank You Dr. Igor Bensen.......you will never be forgotten !

It has really been a fun ride for my life !

klyde

Aircraft
Baby Belle
Total Flight Time
I'll bet you never heard this one before: I had crashed my Baby Belle and was laying on the ground waiting for an ambulance ride when the news reporter asked: "How high were you when you crashed?" I'm reasonably sure that wasn't a drug question. Further, when I provided my PPL number to the NTSB, I was later told that there were "Three names associated with that number and my name was not one of them" I told them that they had provided the number and asked just what I was expected to do about this. No response.

farmboy

klyde;n1128612 said:
I'll bet you never heard this one before: I had crashed my Baby Belle and was laying on the ground waiting for an ambulance ride when the news reporter asked: "How high were you when you crashed?" .

So I'm curious, how did you answer that question?

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(1) Air Command, (1) Barnett, (1) Air Command 2 place kit, (1) Sycamore gyro
Total Flight Time
Chris, I shake my head in amazement everyday, when I think about the evolution in sport gyros. I sure wish this surge would have come along when I owned the SnoBird gyro company. I also wish the FAA would not have slowed down the growth of the gyro in this country. When the guys brought the MTO sales pitch to Mentone, I converted their presentation to English units for them and loaned them my video projector for their presentation. We discussed a USA dealership, but they were unable to meet almost any FAA certification requirements (Experimental Exhibition was the only route available back then). My how things have changed since then!

A good friend, and member of our PRA Chapter (18) bought a used MTO last July, and flew it home from Utah to Lansing, IL. He has doubled the flight hours since the and the gyro is still like new.
I was born too late, and too poor.

Smack

Re-member?
Aircraft
Kitfox IV / F1 Rocket / Magni M-16 / Beech 18
Total Flight Time
500+
farmboy;n1128626 said:
So I'm curious, how did you answer that question?

That would be equivalent to "tied the low altitude record".

CLS447

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Air Command 503 & Air Command SxS /EJ2.5
Total Flight Time
Aprox 400 gyro
Tommy.....you & me both !

I will still be needing that flexshaft.........I'll be calling when we thaw out ! Thanks, Chris.