Best tail for the bensen?

joeheli

Aircraft
Bensen B8M with Mac 90
I have heard about 3 different tail for the Bensen .
In your opinion which one is best? :D

Re:Best tail for the bensen?

That's a good looking tail Brent. Is it aluminum, fiberglass or what?

Brent : Nice tail but , I need one that I can buy. :-

Jose, I have no idea how busy Brent is, but all he can do is say yes or no if you ask him to build you one. A Dominator tail will cost you about $800, maybe more with freight.

Chuck it is glass. I am making one now. It takes about 40 hours to make one what is your time worth? I have sold them in the pass for 400 to 500 bucks but I have to much to do now and it will be about the same as any other tall tail you can buy 600 +. and 6 to 8 weeks to get it.

I no longer have this gyro but the 60 hours of flying it was great. It was easy to control on the gound and in the air. I had a power out dead stick landing and the rudder was working good just as it did with the motor on. I did a 180 back to make the landing. I had to do the same with a two place with the same type tail. You have less work with the rudder on takeoff and I made crosswind landings up to 15 MPH without to much trouble. I don't think I would like flying anyother tail now but I will have to with my tractor gyro coming soon.
Brent

check Ron Herron he has 1 with HZ on top you can buy. I like this one for a Bensen
Chuck P

joeheli,

it's : www.littlewingautogyro.com

tail4.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry,

I couldn't help but show off mine.

John-

Attachments

• tail.jpg
    tail.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1
Hey:Screw-Driver:Do you felt any better performance with the new vertical?
Does that work with the original Bensen tail, or I have to buy
the all new tail? and How did it cost?

Hey Joe.

I have no idea to the answer to your question. I never flew "DaScrew-Driver" with anyother tail. She flys great and rock steady. My tail is the afore mentioned "Little Wing" tail by Ron Herron that GyroMike posted about.

I never bought the tail from Ken Brock Manufacturing because it didn't have a horizontal other than the "Rock Guard."

As far as mounting, was easy. Two bolt throught the keel at the trailing edge of the fin. One bolt under the keel at the leading edge of the keel.

As far as pricing, you'd have to talk with Ron Herron.

Hope that helps.

John-

John quit showing your tail!!!

Just kidding, the more I think about it the more I think I might do something really similar to that one, tail wise. Maybe I can use my old horiz stab as a dust pan.:D

Here,

You want more Tail.

Attachments

• tail1a.jpg
    tail1a.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator: