Best Heavy-Duty Rotorhead

Quick 8

I'm looking for opinions here. Who makes the best rotor head (manufacturer) for heavy machines, and why?

By heavy, I mean 1200lbs+ gross.

Your opinions and insights are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim

I am very pleased with both the heavy duty 2-bearing 2-Place Rotorhead from AirCommand and SportCopters 2-Place Rotorhead.

AirCommand's Rotorhead has many hours of service on many machines without any failure that I am aware of and that also goes for the SportCopter rotorhead.

I can give you a link to some photos of the SportCopter Rotorhead if you wish or you can visit their website.

What about the RFD (Dominator) rotor heads? How do they measure up?

Are there any other heavy rotor heads out there to consider other than Sport Copter, Air Command, and RFD?

The RFD heads are also double bearing, and very good.

I wonder is this rotor head ar drawn in cad-cam and how close to x/y/z they aligned.

I have been thinking of making my own for quite some time. in solid works

ChukP

I've drawn RFD heavy duty head in SW-2006, Chuck. In metric units though. Can e-mail it to you for reference. It's 10 mb without drawings, 22 mb with drawings.

There's plenty of RAF rotorheads flying around the world.

I must admit that I went to a dual bearing a few years ago but that was 'cause I always thought a dual bearing was twice as "comfy."

Cheers :)

Harry, what head are you using in your RAF with dual bearings?

Hi Noe,

I have the kit supplied RAF rotorhead.

When AAI first started in business they advertised modifying the RAF head to dual bearings. It was reasonably priced, so I sent the rotorhead to them.

The mod consisted of an enlarged bearing block, two new bearings, taller teeter towers and new accomodating hardware. I may be wrong but I think they still offer this mod?!

I always liked the idea of dual head bearings, altho some gyro gurus claim it's overkill and not necessary.

Cheers :)

PS...By the way, I didn't see any response from my e-mail to you...a couple weeks back?!