Besen Metal Tail plans?

IMHO, Bensen never offered a non-funky-looking tail set. The Bensen metal tail weighed a ton and looked kinda of patched-together to me. Dr. B. used straight-line cuts on both the wood and metal tails, to make them easy to build.
No other gyro manufacturer has dared to offer anything so brutal-looking.

Rounding off the sharp corners improves their appearance quite a bit.

Ken Brock's tails were prettier.

No plans.
Just cuts and fit so it looked right.
I put the Horizontal stab what I believe to be where the majority of the thrust of the prop would be to make it as effective as possible.
With 8 hours of testing it seems to be very stable.
All pieces are .125 2024, sheared to size.

Attachments

• Gyro 008.jpg
    Gyro 008.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 55
For anybody that is interested, attached is a copy of the plans and requirements for the Bensen metal Tail.

Attachments

• Bensen Metal Rudder.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 117
I have all original plans for both Benson Gyro Glider and Gyrocopter . If you need blue print copy let me know.
Thank would be very kind of you please send me a copy.

Kindest regards

Phil

I have a Ken Brock factory tail new in the box. Price is $500.00 plus shipping. John @ 505 258 1927

cloudhopper do you have any plans for installing a vw on a Bensen or kb2. If you have a sheet I would be happy to pay you for a copy including shipping.

No plans.
Just cuts and fit so it looked right.
I put the Horizontal stab what I believe to be where the majority of the thrust of the prop would be to make it as effective as possible.
With 8 hours of testing it seems to be very stable.
All pieces are .125 2024, sheared to size.
I have been trying to fabricate a horizontal stab for my bensen. Yours looks great. could you give me those measurments?

Works great thanks Roundwing. I got lucky my s on is a welder and he was able to make them at work for me out of T6061