Bensendays pics

gyrojake

Gyro Rehab Candidate
Aircraft
Gyroplanes
Total Flight Time
A few hours
Well it's starting to look like a party!
Farmer Jim and his lovely wife Chris are an inspiration for american culture !!

Picture 004 - YouTube

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 0
I see Jim is in his sitting position while Chris does the work, nothing new there!

Fran and I have the motorhome loaded, will head out in the AM for an expected arrival on Wed.

See y'all soon.

Cindi and I are in Florance s.c., got a late start,had to wait for the house appraiser, yep I Think after all this time, we may finely have the house sold and will be Florida bound. hope to get there sometime tomorrow. what sucks is this old Motor home, the heater don't work in it, so it's a cold drive. but we will make it. hope all the rain clears up by the weekend.

monday going to look at some houses in Arcadia that are for sale. hope we find our new home.

Headed out bright and early this morning.felt a thud a couple hours from Waucula but didn't see or feel anything afterwards. Everything was riding good so I kept on going. Just South of Tampa it started sprinkling and continued the rest of the way. I got my gyro off the trailer and into a hangar just before the steady rain started. It's been raining ever since. While I was unloading stuff I notice one of the trailer tires didn't look quite right. The thud I felt a couple hours back was the tread separating from the tire. The tire road the rest of the way on the belts and stayed inflated. I just purchased the jack a couple weeks ago. Good investment.

Attachments

• image-2177148050.jpg
    image-2177148050.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 0
  • image-4023682044.jpg
    image-4023682044.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image-1074359680.jpg
    image-1074359680.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 0
  • image-2226717912.jpg
    image-2226717912.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 0
The party begins......

The party begins......

FJ ,moi & Bonzer rolled in about noon today! Lots of earlybirds in the campsite..... look'n like a party already! Steady rain kindly held off until we organized our gyro rain shelter - trailer/camp & PU/camper in our nice central lot ... after 4 days since departing KS the hot showers were heavenly! I't's STILL a freak'n LOOOONG way to drive!!!! 710 KS to Anahuac(12hrs) & almost 1000 to Wauchula from Anahuac (16 hrs)
Great to catch up with Carl S & THANKS for the great help setting up the canopy for TiggyB! Vance, Mike & Erie B, Kent & Larry,Jake & EBD John B .... just getting started on all the familiar faces !
A few flyers braved the low ceiling & shower scuds before the steady rain set in! We saw Mike & his Blue Dom "TrueLove" Tango V stop'n dropp'n his Aurora..... Chris Lord's smart new XenonIV was out several times ... not to forget Jake in his snappy new creation ... we have been watching grow on his build thread the last months!
A little flying by the brave & hardy ... lots of good hanger visiting while listening to the drumming of rain on the hangar roof!
Norm Lethbridge arrived tonight & regaled us with his entertaining gyro-tales!
Looks like the party is off to a good start! :whoo: :first:
:usa2:

Last edited:
I am leaving Dickson Tennessee, and stopping in Nashville to pick up George Williams, We will arrive in Wachula tomorrow morning. I have about 850 miles of windshield time in front of me.
See Ya'll at BD!!!

MY BD's pics are on facebook!

MY BD's pics are on facebook!

I can post BD's pics only to facebook from my Ipad ... so they are there until I get home to the computer! Anyone who wishes to share here is welcome to repost them!

I can post BD's pics only to facebook from my Ipad ... so they are there until I get home to the computer! Anyone who wishes to share here is welcome to repost them!

I'll give it a try:

1380647_839386559410578_673298005_n.jpg

John & Aggie Brewers new Tercel

Love the BRS - just kidding !

Here's hoping for some dry weather for those at BD

leaving Panama wen eve, only flight I could get, to Tampa will be there on thursday, only the second B/D for me but am looking forward to it, have spoke to a few folks on the Phone in the past am looking forward to meeting them in person.

Paul

Fran and I are 44 miles north of Lake City, cold (37 F) but sunny. Still on our 1st cup of coffee. We plan to break camp soon. Looking forward to seeing you all this afternoon.

Only Wednesday & the party is ON!!!

Only Wednesday & the party is ON!!!

Things are REALLY mov'n & shak'n out here at Wauchula! Can't believe it's only midweek ... visitors coming out already ... after a chilly windy start ... now a gorgeous sunny day with nice winds for gyros & wonderful flying! :D

Lots of gyros in the sky this arvo & lots to see on the ramp!

If you are not en-route ... get a wild hair & get on down to the party! Sunstate is putting on a GREAT show & lots of cool OS visitors here Chris Lang,SandyL, Leigh Allison ... to name a few I've encountered so far!

Good times & sweet sounds of rotors 'n rotax's ( & yammys,soobies & other engines) ;)

:party: :party: :party:

Last edited:
Chris, Danny and I will be there tomorrow afternoon.

My wife and I will be there Saturday. (for one day only, unfortunately) This will be the first bensen days I've been to and I'm really looking forward to meeting many of the people I've read about on the forum. Maybe my wife will be able to get a ride in a gyro to get a glimpse of why I'm obsessed with this sport of gyro flight!
See you Saturday!
Mike Paquin

Remember .......people,(me included) prefer pictures with people in them ! As Gerg pointed out once (and I have proved it)......the ones with humans in them get alot more views, because they are alot more interesting !!!!

Anyone know who this is or spotted him at BD's yet ?

Attachments

• DSCF0022.jpg
    DSCF0022.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 0
Remember .......people,(me included) prefer pictures with people in them ! As Gerg pointed out once (and I have proved it)......the ones with humans in them get alot more views, because they are alot more interesting !!!!

Anyone know who this is or spotted him at BD's yet ?

It's Larry Boyer, Lookin Kool in his RAF.

What a great thread ! Thanks for all the pics for those who can't be there !

Attachments

• hideous.jpg
    hideous.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 0