Bensendays 2015 video update today

The cancellation of the ultralight-vehicle instruction waivers (BFI and AFI) was a breach of promise by the folks who created the Sport Pilot regs. When the SP regime was first proposed, BFIs and AFIs were to be grandfathered in as SP CFIs. This bait-and-switch maneuver drove a dagger into the heart of the Part 103 U.L. segment of aviation.

Market realities also favor fancier and fancier craft. The flying lawn chair appeals mostly to rebel-hearted folks -- there are plenty of them/us, but there are even more people who wouldn't buy a Harley but would buy a 'Vette. Moreover, there's obviously more profit in a $100K machine than in a $10K one.

Doug you can count me among " them/us",rebel hearted ones.

Doug you can count me among " them/us",rebel hearted ones.

I will always prefer the ' lawn chair' open frame type gyro and I would buy a Harley too if I could afford one and were a few moons younger.
I guess it's how we define fun for us.
I always enjoy your posts.
Marion

Vancraft Flying

Vancraft Flying

Awesome Videos. Great Job Gerald!..

Great videos! I did notice in the under shot of the lighting, there appears to be what I thinks are brake lines running in and out of the body shell. For sake of vibration alone, a rubber groument should isolate wear. Just my two cents, good looking bird.

Gerald, you have not only done Peach State Rotorcraft Club (PSRC) and SunState Wing and Rotorcraft Club (SWaRC) a great service, you have done South East Rotorcraft Association (SERA) a great justice. We applaud your efforts and talent. John Pipe has had so little reward for all of his hard work, it is wonderful to see his end result in a venue so widely-received as this, the RWF.

Last edited: