Bensendays 2015 video update today

+1 on the "nice video"

Yeah...Thanks for the video !

Who owns the black sportcopter ? Very nice !

Who has the Brantly on the trailer ?

I also like the yellow tandem Air Command.... Who are these guys ?

Thanks for the info !

These videos bring up great memories from last year, when I was anxiously awaiting my ride, the red ArrowCopter, to arrive. I wish y'all a great time!

-- Chris.

I lost my nurse to her family medical emergency now I'm stuck at home babysitting my niece instead of flying Nissan's at Bensen Days. I'm so BUMMED! Planed this for months and had it all arranged and poof in one day all was lost.

Thank you for sharing the fun with those left behind. This whole responsibility thing sucks.

It's ok John. Farmer Jim started the party without us!

Thanks Rick ! .......it's great to see new people with new machines !

Can't help but to think its looking like the days of affordable gyro flying is GONE! Rows upon rows of 70-120 thousand dollar gyros..... And 300-500 thousand dollar motorhomes!

Of course it was a mailman in a 5 thousand dollar gyro that made history this week!

Can't help but to think its looking like the days of affordable gyro flying is GONE! Rows upon rows of 70-120 thousand dollar gyros..... And 300-500 thousand dollar motorhomes!
QUOTE]

I agree! I am happy to see folks living their dreams ect., but the gyro movement has lost it's soul.:sad:

I got into gyros right at the tail end of it being a true home built home made thing....

I remember going to Bensen days and Mentone and each year there would be new innovative and cool machines to see that people scratch built or modified from basic kits. Now its row after row of euro gyros with the only things different about them being how expensive the displays in the dash are and how expensive of a paint job it has.

Watching the video above, only 3 ships struck my attention.... all old low rider aircommands.... One tandem with a neat looking 912S engine swap and Anthony's two single seaters powered with converted jet ski engines.

Im not knocking the euro gyros though, but they simply don't excite me, no more so than the fancy motorhomes their owners are " camping " in.... They are nice, but Ill never have that kind of stuff, so hard for me to be excited about it.

Looks like a good time though. I wish I could have just said F it to work this week and packed up and went on tuesday or wednesday morning. Its been raining and wet and nasty here since tuesday and I haven't been able to work. I could have been there and having fun in the sun. I think I could have put on a good show with my aerobatic phantom ultralight stunts! Oh well

I'm glad all of the high end gyro are doing so good. There is no reason lower price homebuilt gyros can't still be a big part of it. If guys want to fly bolt together kits are the way to get started.

Great video, but are there any Bensen's at Bensen Days

Of course it was a mailman in a 5 thousand dollar gyro that made history this week!
hate to say it but I agree.