bensen rebuild part II

Scott why did you use 2024T-3 on the plate insted of 6061-T6? Is 2024T-3 stronger?

Yes the 3D-RV is very similar. Thanks for the pic.

I used 2024t-3 because it is stronger than 6061T-6 But I can get it for next to nothing. I work for a major airline and small pieces like that are scrap. We use alot of 2024 and 7075 but not alot of 6061. So it's just for convienience for me.

OK I think I will use 2024t-3. How thick will you recommend the plates 1/4" 1/8"?

I used .160 thick. between 1/8" and 3/16"

I don't know what to recomend yet :)

I guess I'll recommend "no engine failures on takeoff" :)

All I gotta do is: hook up engine, wiring, install tail, make cables, hook up steering, cooling system, fuel system, make braces for axles. gauges, instrument panel, etc. etc.

I still have a long way to go. :) But at least it is going.

and then maybe, brakes and paint! :D

Wow! still alote to do! Did you get the tall tail already? If yes,where did you get it from?

I should get the tail in a couple of weeks, I have to drive to North Carolina to pick it up. I have to do some storm clean up this weekend, from hurricane Frances, We got alot of wind and trees down.
Oh yeah I still need rotorblades. :D

Which one are you getting, DW's? The rudder was already in use or they made it for you? If I can know ,How much dit it cost you?

johnmini said:
Ron, That looks like the tail I had on the Falcon I sold you. Could it be?? John

John, yes Kevins machine is in fact the one I got from you.