Bensen head questions?

junkyardbear

Hi,
Have a couple of questions for Bensen experts?:)
First is this head savable with bend in it, if so how can I fix it?
Second.....Could someone tell me
what kind of bearing is it and where to get a new one?
Thanks

Attachments

• Bensen head with bend.JPG
    Bensen head with bend.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Bensen head bearing.JPG
    Bensen head bearing.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 2
Screw-In

Get a new head. One that is recommended for your type blades. For instance:

Dragon wing blades, get a Dragon Wing Head.

Brock Blades, get a Brock Head.

Screw-Out

A head is a head Johnny boy. Dragon Wing blades work in just about any brand rotorhead. A Bensen head is what is considered standard and most rotorheads are built around Bensen Specs. But that one looks old and tired. I would want to replace it, or at least have it manifluxed and all new hardware put back into it.

Tsk Tsk, Ron, You can only Magnaflux ferous metals, (magnetic).

Aluminum should be dye penetrant checked.

Sorry I am just being a smart a$$, But, I think that you should just replace the head,
By the time you have the pieces machined, new teeter towers made, bearings and bushings etc, you'll be at about 1/2 the price of a new one, and you will still have the possibility of having fatigued alum parts.

it was late Scott, and you knew what I meant! My point is if he wants to take it apart and have each part inspected, then new hardware and bearings then the head would be okay. But like you, I would feel more comfortable with a new one myself.

Most rotorblades are built to work in a Bensen Head.

Most rotorheads are built to Bensen Heads specs, so you should be able to use most blades in most rotorheads.

Just messin' with you Ron. :)

Any thing like that that is bent, could have taken a hard hit, and may be stressed to the failure point. So replacing it would be a good piece of mind choice.

Hey! I could always use som.........never mind. I got carried away.